What's new

Wow, $7.26 for 21 songs of punk/ska... (1 Viewer)

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
For anybody who cares, or likes punk/ska, have you bought any of these Sampler CDs? They have like a crapload of different songs by different bands... all are like less than $10, and really cool... I never noticed until i walked to the end of the CD rack and saw all these CDs like PunkORama and stuff...
Cool...
smile.gif

------------------
The So Family Home Theater!
http://www.multimania.com/sonick182/ht/index.html
Birthday: November 29, 1985 (Sagittarius)
Horoscope:
Sagittarius - You are very sexy and women are attracted to you.

JasonK

Supporting Actor
I had a Punk-O-Rama cd a long time ago. It was ok, but from what I remember the volume I had wasn't the best of them all. It had the Buzzcocks, the Ramones, Blondie (I think) among others. If you're looking for punk, check out allmusic.com - they've been a big help to me in my search for music. I'm sure they'll have reviews of punk comps, plus you can do a "best of category" search and read reviews of different 'essential' albums.
Hope that helped somewhat.

Stephen L

Second Unit
Nick , what bands are on the CD?The Specials?? jason whats wrong with the Buzzcocks?
------------------
Steve

JasonK

Supporting Actor
Nothing wrong with the Buzzcocks. Those were just a few of the bands I remembered off the top of my head that were on the comp.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
They're not like the OldSchool punk like Sex Pistols and Ramones.. they're like Mid-Late 90's...
MxPx, Unwritten Law, The Hippos, Blink182 (the old/unreleased stuff), Face to Face, Boxer, No Motiv, NoFX off the top of my head...
------------------
The So Family Home Theater!
http://www.multimania.com/sonick182/ht/index.html
Birthday: November 29, 1985 (Sagittarius)
Horoscope:
Sagittarius - You are very sexy and women are attracted to you.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"Give Em The Boot" is a good sampler-about 20 different bands.I think I paid $7 for it.
If you like punk /ska I cannot recommend Against All Authority "Destroy What Destroys You" enough. It is probally the greatest ska album ever made.Its OOP so youll have to go onto ebay to get one-but BELIEVE ME, you need it more than you need air.
------------------
Visit My Pathetic WebPage
"....With that in mind,I humbly add my own prophecy of
what the dawn of the new millennium shall bring forth-
one thousand more years of the same old crap" Jose Chung

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks