What's new

Worst sounding receiver brand?? (1 Viewer)

Kevin Parker

Stunt Coordinator
We all discuss here that which receiver is better or the best, and we compared lotta receivers and brands for that purpose, This way we help each other to buy best receiver in a certian price range, so I wuz wondering what about worst sounding receiver brand just for entertainment :)
I would pick SONY

John Royster

Screenwriter
c'mon Kevin. There much more out there than sony (ps some of their receivers are quite nice)!
Technics, Pioneer, Fujitsu Masitoma, Radio Shack, Good Sound, White Van Brand.:D

Kevin Parker

Stunt Coordinator
I know sony have some good receivers, but sony is a over priced brand overall. :) and hey, its my personal opinion :)
Kraco??

Steve K.H.

Supporting Actor
Kenwood, Aiwa, Emerson, Outlaw
(just kidding on the Outlaw, want to create some excitement is all!!! :D )

Marc_E

Supporting Actor
SONY! I hate sony. str-v555es sounded terrible to me.
(now have onkyo 989 until I move to separates).

Marc

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I would generally expect the low end of most brands to sound worse then the top end, don’t ya think? (With exceptions for Kraco, Emerson, Yorx etc. :) )
Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter
I don't mean to be spiteful, but what's the purpose of this thread? I'm sure you don't mean to insult people who have these brands, but I don't see anything good coming out of it. If this thread must exist, it seems more suited for the Polls section.

Doug_H

Supporting Actor
OK... I have to take a stand for Kenwood... I know their lower models are not all they could be but I have watched two of my friends sell their Denon 4802's once they heard my Kenwood 5900.

Maneesh

Stunt Coordinator
I will also stand up for Kenwood. VR-507 which I have is a GREAT receiver. I demo'd Denon 1602, Onkyo 494/595 and some Yammies with a variety of speakers and didn't hear any significant differences. For the price and features the Kenwood was hard to beat.
I have been reading similar things about the new Pioneer 811s.

Angelo_Petralba

Second Unit
Real Name
Angelo
PIONEER for me (super cheap weighs like a feather)!!! (Not the Elite stuff)
:D I guess Im entitled to my opinion too.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks