What's new

Worst Movies of All Time (1 Viewer)

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
according to voters at thestinkers.com
Obviously, you can't take the list seriously, but in the same spirit, I'll trash it anyway :)
First, they took 300 suggested titles, so this skews to recent films. Then they vote to pare it down to 100. At that point, people would either vote for movies they actually saw and disliked or heard were bad. So really crappy movies that few people -- and rightly so -- saw slip out.
Since it's a straight vote that doesn't consider how many people liked the movie, popularity (in terms of butts in seats) counts for a lot, which explains why Titanic and TPM can easily get on the list. Maybe a smaller percentage of people didn't like it, but since so many saw it, they get more votes.
And any such list that doesn't have On Deadly Ground is horribly flawed.
//Ken

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
However, the vast majority of the people who bash Attack of the Killer Tomatoes are either blindly making assumptions based on its title alone or parroting the words of other people because of its reputation as one of the worst movies ever made.
I agree with you. Most people who bash the film haven't even seen it. Everybody I know who has seen the film has enjoyed it for what the film is, a parody of disaster movies of the '70s (and The Birds :)).
After looking closely at the list, there are around 20 films that shouldn't even be on the list. I would like you to find me a large group of people and ask them:
"Hey, was Natural Bork Killers an awful film?"
"Hey, was Porky's an awful film?" (not counting the sequels into consideration)
"Hey, was The Texas Chainsaw Massacre crap?" (again, not counting the sequels into consideration)
"Hey, was Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me a bad film?" (ask the people who were familiar with Twin Peaks before they saw the movie)
And so on, and so on. And make sure the people have SEEN the film before asking them these questions.

Will K

Screenwriter
And any such list that doesn't have On Deadly Ground is horribly flawed.
You sure got that right, but they also left off Carnival Of Souls(remake), Guru The Mad Monk(if you don't believe me, check it out. I dare you), Poltergeist III, The Squeeze(one I'm sure Michael Keaton would like to forget), Psycho(remake, of course)...just to name a few....

also, the implied inclusion of the terrific Exorcist III doesn't lend much credibility to this list, either.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Popeye makes the list but Patch Adams doesn't???
Maybe I should have responded when those guys asked me to vote! :laugh:

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
And how is the original The Gods Must Be Crazy on this list????? That makes NO sense at all.
RED DAWN? Plus they count some series which have 8 films...as 1 movie??? And did my eyes just temporarily discover the drug crack... or is.. THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE on this list?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :angry::angry::angry:
OK, I'm leaving this thread now.
I promise.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Some clunkers on that list, to be sure... But if someone truly believes those are the worst films of the past century, then they sure as hell need to watch more movies, preferably late at night, on regional TV. Then, and only then, will they know the combination of disgust and delight a TRULY bad film can bring ;)

Al B. C

Supporting Actor
What? No "Bridges Of Madison County"? What a POS movie.

Oh yeah. How's about "Forces Of Nature"? Another milestone in movie making.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
This list contains neither reptile-horror pain parades Crocodile nor Alligator.
There are far too many good or so-so movies on this this, but the worst ones are AWOL.
SHE, Ilsa: She Wolf of the SS, Adrenaline, The Howling 2-6, Witchboard . It is my opinion that if these are the absolute worst movie they could find in a videostore, they could also presumably die of starvation if they were locked in a grocery-store over memorial-day weekend.:angry: :angry:

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
There's only one of those and it's called Leonard Part 6. One can only assume it was meant as a joke, but - much like the content of the entire movie - it's not even almost funny.

Adam Barratt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I also have ID4, Judge Dredd and Anaconda on DVD. If this is truly a list of the worst films of the last 100 years, those who voted for them can't have seen many films (and those they have seen seem to be standard high profile Hollywood fare less than ten years old).

I can think of any number of films that are ten times worse than the worst films on that list.

Adam

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Hey! Whats Caligula doing on that list!? Thats a classic epic that is, used to watch Caligula every Christmas with family and friends, aaah memories!;)
And I'm shocked to find that I have 30 of those 'stinky' movies on video and dvd, I've moved them onto a new shelf which I've labeled 'Worst Movies Ever Made', its sad to see Star Wars, Star Trek, Texas Chainsaw, Titanic, Showgirls etc etc together on this shelf, but what can you do?...:D
Worst film ever made in my opinion was 'Jaws The Revenge', which was absolutely dire, no redeeming qualities whatsoever, the nearly as bad 'Superman IV' had Gene Hackman's mad villain Lex Luthor saving it from total crapness.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks