What's new

Worse Audio and Equivocal Video Quality for Leon The Professional" Review on DVD Talk (1 Viewer)

Bill Burns

Supporting Actor
Brendan -- I believe you're right. I was overlooking the obvious, as I'd never read the backs of two separate Superbit titles in such close proximity before. As it happens, I only own two Superbits at the moment, and one of them (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon) doesn't have the WSJ quote, but a perusal of Superbits at the store today reveals that every other title I could find (perhaps a half dozen) all had the same bloody quote on the back! It's apparently part and parcel with Superbit.

One wonders if TWSJ intended their exclamation to accompany every single release, of course ... that it accompanies the Superbits that offer noteworthy improvements and those that do not alike weakens its impact for the attentive buyer. It's always associated with the description of Superbit technology, though, rather than appearing with the film blurb (or so it seems), so I'm sure you're right: it's a reaction to Superbit itself.

Daneel

Stunt Coordinator
I pre-ordered this from Canada (I'm in the UK) and am not happy with it. Comparing the sound to the R2 I have it isn't just lacking bass but has almost no use of the surrounds either.

Returning the DVD would not be cheap and I would like to complain to Sony Pictures / Columbia Tristar. I can't find an email address on any of the websites, can someone help me out?

Thanks

Ravi K

Supporting Actor
I got the Superbit Leon ($4.99 at Fry's a few of weeks ago) and yeah, the picture quality is dull. Are the audio and video improved on the 2-disc special edition?

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
The video on the 2-disc SuperBit was incorrectly flagged, which made it look funky on some people's players (it looks just fine on players that detect the encoding rather than read the flags). Check my review in the DVD Reviews Archive here for an extended discussion of the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks