What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

World Cup Soccer - 2014! (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Looking back at Germany vs Brazil, how could people be saying I wanted Germany to win but not like like that. If I'm rooting for a team it doesn't bother me one bit if they curb stomp their competition.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Congrats to Germany for winning the 2014 FIFA World Cup! The best team did win!

And with the end of the World Cup, that also ends the ESPN era. Not really looking forward to FOX, especially if they insist on using the NFL theme for 2018.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I've been able to stream the World Cup (and the Tour de France) since I do not get ESPN. I was able to compare the WC on WABC and what I could get via streaming and the streaming won hands down (non HD comparison) so I watched it streamed from my laptop to my TV.

Jay

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
FoxyMulder said:
To be fair they can't play on forever and penalty kicks do take some skill, not only to take but to try and save.I think overall Germany were the best team in this tournament, roll on 2018 and, hopefully Scotland will make it this time.
It may take skill to make or save a penalty kick, but it's still a lousy way to decide a World Cup. We've had a similar discussion in the hockey thread. Thank goodness the NHL only uses penalty shots in the regular season, and lets all playoff games be decided by real hockey - - no matter how long the game takes. And congrats to all the German fans out there. The best team won.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Deciding something on penalty kicks/shots is inappropriate for the finals of either the World or Stanley Cup. Can you imagine being robbed of those tremendous OT periods that the Kings and Hawks, and the Kings and Rangers played this year? Especially that Game 5 of the Finals?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks