1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We will be interviewing Criterion soon. Click here for details on how you can submit a question for us to ask.
    Dismiss Notice

Wonderland (Special Edition) artwork, release date & special features

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Johnny G, Nov 19, 2003.

1. Johnny G

Johnny G Supporting Actor

Here's a thumbnail of the artwork but if anyone wants to host a larger version, I can email them a 883x1177 jpeg.

[​IMG]

It's coming out from Lions Gate on Feb 10th with the following special features:-

Deleted Scenes; Short Film By Director James Cox; Commentary by Val Kilmer, Director & Writer James Cox; LAPD crime scene video; Autopsy report; Photo Gallery

2. Haden

Haden Supporting Actor

When the hell did this come out in theaters? I kept waiting and waiting for it, but I never saw it, and I live in a major midwestern city with lots of theaters. Was this just released at limited theaters on the east and west coast? Jeez...

3. Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway captveg

Brandon Conway
    September 8th, 2003 (Toronto International Film Festival)
    October 3rd, 2003 (LA/NY)
    October 17th, 2003 (expands to other cities)
    October 24th, 2003 (195 theaters)

4. Haden

Haden Supporting Actor

Wow, a grand total of 195 theaters? Pathetic.

5. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

I got savaged in the reviews, so it's not surprising they didn't make more prints.

6. Tim_Stack

Tim_Stack Second Unit

I saw it and loved it. I thought the performances were well done and that the "confusion" of the plot was appropriate to the story - because nobody really knows who was telling the truth. I'll be picking this one up.

7. DanielZ

DanielZ Auditioning

I just rented this and im not sure if the specs ever announced it as a 2 disc set but the second disc has the documentary called WADD, which is 1 hour and 45 minutes long and about John Holmes. I work at blockbuster so that is how I was able to rent it early.

8. The Drifter

The Drifter Second Unit

Jim
    A while back, I re-watched Wonderland (2003), starring Val Kilmer, Lisa Kudrow, Kate Bosworth, Dylan McDermott, Ted Levine - and others. The is an excellent film based on the true-crime grisly "Wonderland" murders in LA back in July 1981. The movie does an amazing job of recreating the early 1980's era & LA locale, and the 1970's/early 1980's soundtrack is spot-on as well. Great acting, story, and editing as well. IMHO this is one of Kilmer's best films.

After re-watching the film & doing some research on the crime, it definitely looks like JH was involved in the crime to some extent - i.e., he wasn't just an innocent bystander by any means, which is apparently what he made himself out out to be. However, I guess we'll never know what exactly happened that day.

I also feel the documentary (on the DVD) complements the film to a great extent.

9. Jeffrey D

Jeffrey D Second Unit

Jeffrey D Hanawalt
    I like this film too- great performances by Kilmer, and Dylan McDermott. The bonus disc about Holmes is a good extra too.