What's new

Wonderland (Special Edition) artwork, release date & special features (1 Viewer)

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
Here's a thumbnail of the artwork but if anyone wants to host a larger version, I can email them a 883x1177 jpeg.

It's coming out from Lions Gate on Feb 10th with the following special features:-

Deleted Scenes; Short Film By Director James Cox; Commentary by Val Kilmer, Director & Writer James Cox; LAPD crime scene video; Autopsy report; Photo Gallery

Haden

Supporting Actor
When the hell did this come out in theaters? I kept waiting and waiting for it, but I never saw it, and I live in a major midwestern city with lots of theaters. Was this just released at limited theaters on the east and west coast? Jeez...

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
September 8th, 2003 (Toronto International Film Festival)
October 3rd, 2003 (LA/NY)
October 17th, 2003 (expands to other cities)
October 24th, 2003 (195 theaters)

Tim_Stack

Second Unit
I saw it and loved it. I thought the performances were well done and that the "confusion" of the plot was appropriate to the story - because nobody really knows who was telling the truth. I'll be picking this one up.

DanielZ

Auditioning
I just rented this and im not sure if the specs ever announced it as a 2 disc set but the second disc has the documentary called WADD, which is 1 hour and 45 minutes long and about John Holmes. I work at blockbuster so that is how I was able to rent it early.

The Drifter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jim
A while back, I re-watched Wonderland (2003), starring Val Kilmer, Lisa Kudrow, Kate Bosworth, Dylan McDermott, Ted Levine - and others. The is an excellent film based on the true-crime grisly "Wonderland" murders in LA back in July 1981. The movie does an amazing job of recreating the early 1980's era & LA locale, and the 1970's/early 1980's soundtrack is spot-on as well. Great acting, story, and editing as well. IMHO this is one of Kilmer's best films.

After re-watching the film & doing some research on the crime, it definitely looks like JH was involved in the crime to some extent - i.e., he wasn't just an innocent bystander by any means, which is apparently what he made himself out out to be. However, I guess we'll never know what exactly happened that day.

I also feel the documentary (on the DVD) complements the film to a great extent.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I like this film too- great performances by Kilmer, and Dylan McDermott. The bonus disc about Holmes is a good extra too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks