What's new

Wonder Woman DVD's (1 Viewer)

MattHR

Screenwriter
Just received my Vol. 1 dvd from BlackStar today. The picture quality is much better than I expected. It's on par with Universal's R2 television releases (Six Million Dollar Man, Bionic Woman, Hulk, etc.) The transfers are very detailed, with minor film scratches here and there, mostly in stock-footage scenes. The colors are very vibrant...not as faded as some TV shows from the same era. The three episodes are the first three from the third (final) season on CBS, which retitled the show "The New Adventures of Wonder Woman". They include the original opening and closing credits, as well as the animated commercial breakers. Judging by the running times, they appear to be unedited.

I really noticed the PAL speed-up on this release. Lyle Waggoner's voice was so out-of-pitch, he sounded like he was talking after inhaling helium.

I hope Warner releases the series in season sets on R1 dvd. They did a great job on this dvd, so I'd like to have the whole series on R1 without the PAL speed-up problem.

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Thank you Matt...I am going to be ordering mine sometime within the next week or two. Seems that there was in issue of whether or not I would have Wonder Woman on my shelf or food on the table...

DustinLC

Supporting Actor
Matt

What DVD player did you use to play this release? I bought a Toshiba 3900 and hacked it but it just won't play wonder woman. Other R2 dvd was fine.

Anybody bought vol 2?

MattHR

Screenwriter
What DVD player did you use to play this release? I bought a Toshiba 3900 and hacked it but it just won't play wonder woman. Other R2 dvd was fine.
JVC XVSA600 and Malata DVP520. Plays fine on both.
I pre-ordered Vol. 2 at BlackStar.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
just got mine in yesterday.
PQ was excellant, but YIKES! is that PAL speed up ever noticeable!?
Waggoner and Carter both sound way odd.
as does the opening theme.

i can usually adjust to the speed-up.
i don't seem to nitice it as much on my movies, but i can hear it with the Bionic Woman discs, and i can DEFINTELY hear it with these.

that reason, plus the fact that i liked the 1st series a bit better, i think i'll just wait a few years until Warner puts these out in R1.
i'm glad i have a few eps to pull out now and again, but i can't see investing in them with that extreme pitch difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks