wonder showzen?

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Kevin M, Nov 18, 2005.

1. Kevin M

Kevin M Producer

Yeah........I just caught this on Comedy Central (although it apparently is produced by MTV2) and at first I thought it was some lost episode of TV Funhouse that I had never seen before...nope, the primary difference between this and TVFH is that this isn't funny in the least, it substitutes the biting subversive satire of TVFH for basic crudeness and immature fart jokes and the like...with children.....stay away at all costs.[​IMG]

2. RyanAn

RyanAn Screenwriter

Wonder Showzen is hilarious, and I believe award winning. For those who care, season 2 starts early next year and I have heard rumors of a season 1 DVD set.

Ryan

3. streeter

streeter Screenwriter

Michael
    It's humor derived from pure randomness. The second coming of Tom Green - though he was annoying and people quickly grew tired of him.
    I enjoyed wonder showzen, but it got old fast. Just like much of the line-up of original programming on Adult Swim - shows like Tom Goes to the Mayor and, the best example, Robot Chicken. Much of what makes these shows 'funny' is that the ideas and concepts are so random and out-of-nowhere.
    That's just my little theory. I think it's the same reason why I don't enjoy Family Guy as much as I used to.