What's new

Wolfenstein Impressions--Are There Any Out There? (1 Viewer)

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
I played last night online and have a couple of questions.

1.) There were many times when I clicked on a server to play on, and it couldn't connect to the server. Does this mean the server was full or my connection was not fast enough?

2.) How can you invite people to games that you are already playing in?

JustinCam

Auditioning
Hello,

I picked this game up lastnight right after work and played right through the night. Whoops! where does the time go.?

I bought this game specifically for Live and probably won't play the single player.

The only problem is finding good servers.. some of the lag is terrible.. I imagine in the coming weeks servers will be more plentiful..

The game also has an upate feature for patches right in the game menu. I'm sure we will see some of those shortly as well..

IMO this game is a must have if you use Live..!

Mike__D

Supporting Actor
Hey Paul, I saw you on last night and meant to send you an invite, but we had mass confusion getting up and running at first. We'll be on tonight, not sure what time though. My friend has the Comcast Pro service, so his upload can handle more people :emoji_thumbsup:

Did you go to your Friends list during the game? You should be able to send invites.

Also, one bug I discovered is when loading new levels, the voice communication doesnt seems to work unless I replug my mic adpater in the controller. Wierd.

Mike D.

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
Mike, I also saw you online last night, and I clicked on your name, but if I remember correctly, the only two options I had was "statistics", and "remove from friends list". Maybe I was doing something wrong.

James St

Supporting Actor
Man, I'm dragging ass this morning. I haven't stayed up til 1 AM playing games in a long time. I had fun playing with everyone last night. This game is a real kick in the pants for XBL. There are a few things that stood out to me.

The quality of the voice communication seems to have improved. I heard people with better clarity then other games I've played. Anyone else notice this?

I'm curious about the dedicated server feature. Many of the people I played with last night claim MS/Id is hosting servers for those wishing to play on a dedicated server. However, it seems that this feature is nothing more then the ability for gamers to create a server on their Xbox for hosting a game but not playing themselves. Any thoughts?

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
I think there were a few servers actually hosted by Activision. The names of these servers were Battle Ground,
Underground Army, Military Action, and Tides of War. I got into one once and it was 16 players totally lag free. The others times it would say server not responding. I guess that meant they were full, not sure.

Hopefully they will continue to have these dedicated and not shut them off. :)

James St

Supporting Actor
The "send complaint" box pops up automatically and I think both of us accidentally filed complaints on each other. I was doing a lot of things accidentally yesterday
I think alot of people got that yesterday.:) I remember reading that after several complaints the player will automatically be booted from that game. I think this is what that feature goes towards. Whether MS actually gets those complaints is another question though.

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
Hey all,

I was able to play a bit last night before my cousin took over and went over to MotoGP. They definitely got the Live! setup right with this one - kudos to them.

I also like that you can create a new nickname to use online, I was switching back and forth between playing as Union and as Turd Ferguson.

I'm still getting the hang of the controls so I haven't fooled around to much with any of the classes beyond Soldier.

There's only one option I miss from the PC (or that I can't yet find) - the ability to choose a spawn point from multiple checkpoints.

Otherwise, :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :D

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
OK, when I try to get into a game and it says server is not responding, does this mean the game is full??? Does the game tell you if a server is full???

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Todd, I thought I read in the manual that you could assign a forward checkpoint as your spawning place? I don't know, I got the game last night but I didn't get a chance to play it because the baby was flipping out. I did read the manual, though, and I thought it said something about how you can capture checkpoints and then assign those as your spawning points, and if the checkpoint is recaptured by the other side your spawning position is reset to the default.

I could be wrong, though. It was difficult to focus on the finer points of the manual with all of the ear-splitting yowling going on. :frowning:

James St

Supporting Actor
you can capture checkpoints and then assign those as your spawning points, and if the checkpoint is recaptured by the other side your spawning position is reset to the default.
Yes, I experienced this last night on a couple of games I was in. Not sure how exactly it works but can definitely be done.

Jason_H

Second Unit
I was switching back and forth between playing as Union and as Turd Ferguson
Hahah...I saw you on there as Turd then. My username and gamertag are "Secretvampire". I finally got into a few games last night and had a blast...but I still have trouble connecting to servers a lot of the time.

JoshF

Supporting Actor
I'm confused - I thought MS hosts XB Live? I thought that's what you pay for? Could someone clarify how XB Live games work and how the service is structured?

Oscar Saenz

Stunt Coordinator
I also like that you can create a new nickname to use online, I was switching back and forth between playing as Union and as Turd Ferguson.
Ahh...so that was you last night playing Trench Toast with the HTF gang. Was your mic off? You were mowing down the opposition like it was nobody's business.:emoji_thumbsup:

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
I had a pretty good run there for a few minutes. :D

I couldn't hear anybody through my headset and I thought my mic was on... maybe the plug had wiggled loose.

Regarding the checkpoints: the game seems to spawn you at a forward checkpoint but what if you want to spawn back at the original spawn point, is there a way to toggle it?

JayV

Supporting Actor
1. Spawn points (deployment zones): There are deployment flags that you activate by running into them. Once activated, the flag is blue and has a thumbs up or something on it (it might be red for Axis, dunno).

That activates a forward spawn point. Everyone will get a message that says "forward deployment zone active" or something.

2. Dead voice chat: I had voicecomm go dead in between matches and saw a post where someone suggested pulling the voicecomm cartridge out of your controller and plugging it back in. I tried it the last time I lost comm and it worked.

3. And finally, use your quick chat so the lieutenant or medic can find you! Right d-pad calls for ammo; left for the medic. This way the LT or medic will get an icon on their compass showing your relative bearing.

4. Todd, Turd Ferguson is pretty funny, but have you given any thought to Sideshow Todd? And, oh yeah, your XBL logo is pretty nifty.

It was difficult to focus on the finer points of the manual with all of the ear-splitting yowling going on.
... and the baby was crying, too. (rimshot)

-j

Rob_Pierce

Second Unit
Also, one bug I discovered is when loading new levels, the voice communication doesnt seems to work unless I replug my mic adpater in the controller. Wierd.
For some reason, everytime an option is switched (teams, levels, etc), the default Voice Chat option switches back to "off" or "none" or something along those lines. I had to switch it back to "General" each time the game started on a new map. I'm guessing that many of you had the same problem, but this cleared it up for me every time. I think you have to hit the black or white button and chang the option there.

I played for about an hour last night, but my connection is so poor lately that I wasn't much help to my teammates as everyone was moving like fleas. I hope to have this cleared up soon, the Live part seems like it will be a blast.

Warmup--I don't know why, but I thoroughly enjoy the 20 second warmup time to blow away my teammates without any damage being taken.

I hope to see you all again tonight and I really hope that my connection is better...starting to get impatient.

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
I'll either be on Friday or Saturday. Got my copy today, just dont know when I will be able to play.

-Dean-

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
Jay,

Good stuff :D

Can you switch to a prior spawn point after a forward one has been activated or are you stuck with the forward one until the enemy takes it back?

JayV

Supporting Actor
Can you switch to a prior spawn point
I don't think so.

One effect is that unlike in GR, I don't mind spawn camping now. You know, make your bed and lie in it kind of thing. I've been on both sides of it and I think it's a interesting gameplay element.

Some persistent questions:

1. Has anyone actually played the Wolf 3D supposedly available when you complete the game?

2. Will DLC keep the game fresh until this fall? Or will there be no DLC until the fall?

3. Will Todd become Sideshow Todd Terwilliger?

4. Will Chase take Annette back, knowing that she slept with his evil siamese twin when he was asleep on that flight back from Miami?

-j

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks