What's new

Witchblade--the series (1 Viewer)

AnaDFrat

Agent
Anyone here watch this series?
Anyone know the comic book from which it comes? Trying to get some backstory on the witchblade and the characters Ian and Sarah.
You guys (and gals) are so well informed about everything so thanks for any info.
Would I be presumptious in saying that it doesn't look like some of the more recent Scifi shows are big on this board. I love Farscape and I don't see it discussed here.
Any Scapers????

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It comes from the comic book called "Witchblade" from Top Cow comics (formerly an Image published comic).
The show is almost faithful to the origin of Sara Pezzini getting hold of the wrist thingamajig (the Witchblade) that gives her organic metal armor and other fighting powers. There are some trade paperbacks available of the early Witchblade comics (check out local comic book stores).
The Witchblade seems to be sentient, and its power can only be weld by women. There has been a few mini-series called "The Tales of the Witchblade" which tell stories of other women in the past (going back a long ways, hundreds of years in the past, even thousands of years) finding the Witchblade and using it to fight evil.
There seem to be this secret order that, throughout the ages, knows about the Witchblade, and tries to harness the power of it, but since these guys are men, they are mostly out of luck. It still doesn't stop them from trying to corrupt the women into using its power for their evil ends.
I don't like Yancey Butler being cast as Witchblade (then again, I was hoping for a half-nekkid beautiful brunette in the role on a weekly basis). :) Yancey's just a bit too hard on the eyes for the character.
------------------
PatCave; HT Pix; Gear; DIY Mains; DIY CC; Sunosub I + II + III; DVDs; Link Removed

AnaDFrat

Agent
Hey Patrick thanks for the info.
I've been watching the show and enjoying it thus far. Did some surfing and found the Witchblade comic site and went through the comic books. Awesome drawings. See what you mean about Yancy and the comic character--definitely much more skin in the comic book. Ian and Ken Irons also much hotter looking in the comic books.
I'm a La Femme Nikita fan and just wonder what Peta Wilson would have made of this role.
Again, thanks for the info. sorry I didn't reply earlier but I had trouble getting bak to the HTF.

Mark Wolverton

Stunt Coordinator
I watch the series and I like it. I like Yancy, but she's tuff. a good cop/super hereo should be tuff. I think she's good looking too. I mean she's no supper model but she is attractive in a tuffy sort of way.
BTW - I love Farscape! I am collecting the DVD's and have started a few threads hear on the subject but have not had much responce. I think Farscape is probably one of the best Space adventures written. We should start a thread on that and see if anybody bites. I've seen 3 or 4 when I posted and it seems to be growing. Perhaps we could get a decent post started.
------------------
Mark W
"I like to watch."
Chauncy Gardner - Being There -

Don Peskin

Stunt Coordinator
Yancy had a prior sf show several years ago called Mann and Machine. She was the machine, an android cop. If you could see her then you would know she was hot.Even now her bod is in good shape.
What is the point of the ghost partner coming to her? He never says anything useful.
How many women go to bed wearing their bras and why does she wear old-lady panties to bed?

AnaDFrat

Agent
Mark, I'm a diehard Scaper fan. It surprises me too that there aren't more fans on this board. It's one of the best shows on TV--smart, funny, exciting, great cast.
Don, those panties are very "in". If you watched La Femme Nikita, Peta Wilson also used the same type. They're using the old LFN studios for Witchblade, they've kept a lot of the sets (with minor changes) maybe the kept the "drawers" too.
I like Butler. Always have. She does look great. Not sure how old she is but she's been around a while.
I'm sure if she wore the outfits depicted in the comics, this show would be getting more than a 2 share. :lol
[Edited last by AnaDFrat on July 31, 2001 at 02:44 PM]

Mark Wolverton

Stunt Coordinator
I think she had to wear those panties. Any less would have caused a stir. Ah, who knows, she was hot in them anyways.
Ana, I saw your scape post and wrote in there as well. I too am extermely die hard scaper. Love that show. Definately one of the best on TV. I keep hoping Witchblade will pick up on the action and story as well.
------------------
Mark W
"I like to watch."
Chauncy Gardner - Being There -

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks