What's new

Wireless cable TV trasmitters? (1 Viewer)

Ronald.H

Agent
Here's the situation:

My wife loves to watch TV in the kitchen while she cooks, cleans, etc. We've had a small TV in there for a while with rabbit ears, but now she'd like to see channels like MTV, FOOD, HGTV, ESPN (okay, that last one is mine).

It is very difficult to run cable to the kitchen. I did a quick Google search on wireless cable transmitters and found a few (including one made by X10).

Does anybody have any experience with these? Does it trasmit all channels so that I can use the tuner on the TV in the kitchen, or does it transmit whatever channel the trasmitter is showing? Any feedback on these devices?

Thanks in advance!

Ron

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
I did the same search and I like the one from X10.com. I have no independent experience with it but it allows you to connect the unit via composite and stereo and send out the signal in the manner as oppose to RF or coax. That may improve the picture in comparison to a coax feed.

Carl Gaff

Second Unit
I've been using the wireless system called Leapfrog which is made by Terk. The system consists of a transmitter which you hook to your source (I have it hooked up to my Direct TV receiver) and a reciever whch you hook up to whatever TV you choose( I have it hooked up to a 20" LCD TV in my kitchen). I have been very happy with the system over the last year I have been using it.

Brian Gi

Stunt Coordinator
The one problem with the wireless A/V transmitters is that they operate at 2.4GHZ and are prone to interference from microwave ovens. So if it's a kitchen TV it'll get fuzzy while using your microwave.

Carl Gaff

Second Unit
True. But I if there's no other way to get a signal to the TV in the kitchen, I can put up with it for the short periods of time I use the microwave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks