What's new

win xp doesnt work with zone alarm (1 Viewer)

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
i have tried both zone alarm version 2.6 and pro 3. both wont let internet explorer access the web even though i have made sure that IE was checked on zone alarm interface.

what to do?

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
I have Zone Alarm 2.6 and the newest version of I.E and it

works flawlessly. Go into the "Programs" Tab and check to see

if you have I.E locked down on the local side. If that doesn't

do it set all your local security permissions to "Medium"

instead of "High".

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
I've had various problems with Zone Alarm and WinXP.

My problems have been ZA not being able to load TruVector something or other on startup.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
I use Zone Alarm 2.6 with WinXP and it works just fine. I have my security settings on medium for local and high for internet. I also have Internet Explorer allowed for both local and internet (on allow connect and allow server).

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Works just peachy on my system. Occasionally I get a message regarding TrueVector during startup, but it starts after a second or two. This also happened when running Win98.

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
Start->Control Panel->Network Connections. Open the properties for each connection, go to the Advanced tab and make sure the Internet Connection Firewall checkbox is unchecked.

There's been reports that Windows XP's internal firewall conflicts with ZoneAlarm. Disabling the Windows XP firewall should resolve the problem.

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
I have my internal XP Firewall on with Zone Alarm.. No Problems

what so ever.. Like I said before you need to set local permissions to medium and inet to high unless you continue

to experiance problems in which case you can also set inet

to medium.

Thom B

Stunt Coordinator
Be sure you have the latest version of ZA as well. There have been a couple of updates since XP shipped. The full version number can be viewed on the "Configure" tab. I'm running 2.6.362 without a glitch.

T

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks