win xp doesnt work with zone alarm

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by felix_suwarno, Apr 3, 2002.

1. felix_suwarno

felix_suwarno Screenwriter

i have tried both zone alarm version 2.6 and pro 3. both wont let internet explorer access the web even though i have made sure that IE was checked on zone alarm interface.

what to do?

2. AndyVX

AndyVX Supporting Actor

I've had various problems with Zone Alarm and WinXP.

My problems have been ZA not being able to load TruVector something or other on startup.

3. Matthew Chmiel

Matthew Chmiel Cinematographer

I use Zone Alarm 2.6 with WinXP and it works just fine. I have my security settings on medium for local and high for internet. I also have Internet Explorer allowed for both local and internet (on allow connect and allow server).

4. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

Works just peachy on my system. Occasionally I get a message regarding TrueVector during startup, but it starts after a second or two. This also happened when running Win98.

5. Francois Caron

Francois Caron Cinematographer

Francois Caron
    Start->Control Panel->Network Connections. Open the properties for each connection, go to the Advanced tab and make sure the Internet Connection Firewall checkbox is unchecked.

There's been reports that Windows XP's internal firewall conflicts with ZoneAlarm. Disabling the Windows XP firewall should resolve the problem.

6. Thom B

Thom B Stunt Coordinator

Be sure you have the latest version of ZA as well. There have been a couple of updates since XP shipped. The full version number can be viewed on the "Configure" tab. I'm running 2.6.362 without a glitch.

T