What's new

Win an Onkyo TX-NR1030 9.2 channel Dolby Atmos AV Receiver (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
id love to have the receiver so that I can upgrade to Dolby atmos and 4k HD.

SuzanneB

Stunt Coordinator
We've been using a Marantz SR5004 that we picked up about 5 years ago. It has been a beautiful little receiver, but it's starting to reach the point of needing to be replaced soon. My husband was just noticing the Atmos track on the Mockingjay blu-ray we picked up recently and mentioning how amazing it would be to have a receiver that could handle it. Winning this would make for one very happy Father's Day surprise for him!

aevarga

Auditioning
Real Name
Alan
I pride myself on being able to keep all of my equipment working together. I have a Procenter center speaker from 2013, a Yamaha receiver from 2007, a Denon DVD player from 2000, ADS speakers and a B&O turntable from 1989, a VCR from 1985 and a Quadraflex cassette deck from who knows when. Upgrading all of that seems a financially impossible task, but with a free receiver, trading up to a Blu-Ray player and some new speakers seems within reach. With my hearing not getting any better, it sure would be nice to watch and listen to some of my favorite movies a few more times.

Gene M

Stunt Coordinator
I do need a upgrade big time so I can hook up my HDTV, blu-ray player and PS3. To get a stereo sound.

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
My reason for updating would be that, since 2001, when I first bought an Onkyo A/V receiver, the TX-DS797, I have not looked back on Onkyo for my main units ever since. I finally replaced the Onkyo 797 with its present incumbent, the Onkyo TX-NR808, back in 2010. Since then, I am looking for something which would be more current with more features which I could easily use, such as wi-fi access as needed, 4K compliance (to have as ready), as well as Dolby Atmos, just to name a few. I presently own a few Dolby Atmos titles on Blu-ray Disc, however, I cannot access the best and most of what all they have to offer due to my incumbent receiver not having Dolby Atmos. Owning a Dolby Atmos receiver, such as the Onkyo TX-NR1030, would allow me to enjoy this very, very well and much. And with a very big birthday celebration coming up in a year and a month from now, this would, indeed, be a very big step in that direction toward that very great day!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

bgart13

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ben
I'd like to upgrade my system simply because I don't really have one any longer. I've got the TV and bd player, but only have a soundbar. It's better than using just the TV speakers, and I've been most ok with the soundbar, but I would like to get something more out of my set-up to help contribute more to my enjoyment of movies.

mghartman

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike Hartman
After building the basement in my townhouse with 7.1 surround almost 10 years ago, I've since moved to a new home with an unfinished basement and have had years to plan the layout for my home theater.. I realize technology will always change/improve but I cannot imagine more than nine channels of audio not having diminishing returns.. Therefore I'm going to plan to wire my new theater for 9.2 purely in the hopes that some day I can hear "Tower, this is Ghost Rider requesting a flyby." and then whoosh.. :eek: :cool:

bruby

Auditioning
Real Name
Brian Ruby
I love my Onkyo system in my living room and would love to put this new one in the family room. The family room's old Sony home theater in a box recently died and I've been stuck using a sound bar. A new 9.2 Atmos would be a great excuse to buy a bunch of new speakers and upgrade the rest of the set-up!

NotEd

Auditioning
Real Name
Cary Gordon
I simply would love the chance to finally get a true upgrade to the cutting edge Dolby Atmos sound that this Onkyo would provide. It would fianlly allow me to get beyond a lot of my older gear and really enjoy my theater.

Mike Farrington

Auditioning
I would like to upgrade to a receiver capable of Doby Atmos due to the increased realism caused by the additional channels. The Onkyo TX-NR1030 would allow me to do that.

Jewell

Auditioning
I would like to upgrade my Onkyo TX-DS898 I purchase from Circuit City in 2002 to the newest technology. This is the only receiver I have ever owned. It has been through the infamous audio dropout issue and has had the left front channel repaired. It pre-dates HDMI and High Definition, 3D, streaming music from the internet, and automatic speaker calibration.

It almost pre-dates my marriage, which is probably why I was able to afford it and had the wife's approval. Ah, the honeymoon years.... :rolleyes:

If the Onkyo TX-NR1030 lasts as long as my 898, I will be set for another 15 years.

Thanks for considering me

Bryce_H

Stunt Coordinator
I am getting ready to move and will likely convey my current set-up. My new house will present a blank slate to design a new home theater and I would love to do it with the latest gear and formats. I currently have an older Onkyo receiver and have been very happy with it - time to jump on the next best thing.

Adam-S

Auditioning
Because I don't even have HDMI! Everything I own is outdated and failing. I have an old HK DPR 1005 that has served me wonderfully and faithfully through 10 years of abuse that just recently stated to crackle from every input. I hate to see it die. I will have to give it a viking burial at sea for its faithful service. I have been putting off replacing my old rear projection Toshiba TV because it still works (once it warms up and the wavy lines go away), and my HK doesnt have any HDMI outputs for the new TV's. And I just sent my right Mackie HR824 out to have the amp rebuilt (Definitely keeping those though). Its just time to replace (almost) everything and I need something to build around. All of my stuff was great in its day, but times have changed and left me behind. I guess its time to catch up. Building a dedicated theater above my shop right now so it would go to VERY good use!

MattDur

Auditioning
I just renovated a completely unfinished basement to create our apartme--wait, I'm trying to avoid that term... our HOME, and am currently in the AV shopping phase. I would like an Atmos receiver so I can get some HEIGHT to my audio sound stage.

James M

Stunt Coordinator
I've been slacking on the home theater game as of late becuase of travel and work.

BUT.... you know what would pull me right back in? This baby would be a great gift from the Home theater Gods!

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
I've had the same Pioneer receiver since I joined this forum in the late 90s. It's well past time for me to join the 21st century.

powell8

Auditioning
Real Name
Charley
I finally went to separates a few years ago and thought I was on the cutting edge with 5.1 Now this immersive approach arrives and I want it! Closer to reality is what it promises.

Real Name
Dave
I'd love to add something to the system that will rekindle the fun my wife and I used to have watching movies. Used to make it a ritual to see a new release every Friday, but kids make that a little trickier, especially during the summer as they stay outside later. I'd jump at the chance to add the necessary speakers and bring things up to date for the first time in years.

Thanks for the opportunity!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks