What's new

Win an Onkyo TX-NR1030 9.2 channel Dolby Atmos AV Receiver (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustinSkater

Agent
I still have my very first receiver I ever bought, Onkyo TX-SR703, from high school. It has served me (and all my party guests) very very very well through the college years. Seriously, it has brought us so much fun, it's weird to think about what we would have done if I didn't have it. I'm closing in on graduation in a semester, I'll be looking for a companion for the 703, particularly one with HDMI, so a big brother NR1030 would work quite well.

gkimmeo

Auditioning
Real Name
George
I would love to use the multi-room capabilities of the receiver. The ability to watch two TVs, with different content is fantastic. Built-in Wi Fi. and Bluetooth capabilities are welcomed advances that I can use to stream music media from different sources.

avourneen

Auditioning
Real Name
Joel
If there is one thing that has really improved movies recently, for me it has to be the audio quality and the immersiveness of the sound. Of course, visually the quality has improved, but I always tell people who are skeptical about HiDef content that the sound is what you'll be most impressed by. At least in that regard, I am. Presently my 7.1 system is not top end at all, but it's a very satisfying experience even so. It astounds me that my five year old receiver can be so out of date as I read the capabilities of new receivers, and so in addition to a need television I would love to upgrade my sound management as well.

WMABERLE

Auditioning
Real Name
William Aberle
I need it to replace the 20 watts with two 4" speakers built-in the TV. I would get a new set of speakers and a pair of woofers.

Oh a new HDTV would make my den a media room.

dbug10

Auditioning
Real Name
James Sanderson
I am new to the home theater market and I am in the process of slowly building my dedicated Home Theater in one of my spare rooms. I often come to this site for help and information on how to build it and what equipment I need to purchase and to me Home Theater Forum is my bible as far as it goes on any matter pertaining to my home theater and if you guys are giving this receiver away then I know that it is one of the very best out there and I would love to have it for my setup. Thanks James Sanderson

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Why should I be the lucky winner? Because my current sound system is so old it still has an 8-track!

(Actually, it's not quite that old - but I bought it in 1997 - so just about. . . .)

ChristopherD

Stunt Coordinator
My wife 'adjusted' the seating position after I installed the rears in the ceiling. They are now in the perfect position for an Atmos setup! Unfortunately getting clearance for a new receiver to take advantage has been challenging, which is why I'd love to replace my current Onkyo with this one.

flamingeye

Auditioning
Real Name
Jeffrey
I've been a fan of multi-channel since it's inception and I've been planning to upgrade to Dolby atoms ever since it was talked about . I love the immersive affect that multi-channel gives you it really pulls you in to the movie and adds an extra depth to music , I can only imagine right now what Dolby atoms would do and can't wait to experience it in my own home

Rick Ewing

Agent
My 12 year old Denon is in bad need of an upgrade. Sure it works but it's woefully out of date and cannot even keep up with the Blu Ray/HDMI era much less the 4K/UHD era. I've also had great experience with two previous Onkyo receivers I've helped a friend install over the last decade.

M wife and I built our home theater knowing that since we have a special needs son that we can't get out as often to real theaters. Sadly, that's still the case these days. Getting proper babysitters are hard.

Brack777

Auditioning
Real Name
Brian
I would love to win the Onkyo TX-NR1030 9.2 Dolby Atmos Receiver. I currently have a Yamaha receiver that I bought (thanks to my wife) after our wedding back in 1998. It has been an awesome receiver, but let's face it, it's getting old. The lack of HDMI and limitations on surround sound channels is hard to get past. I would love to buy myself a new receiver but life doesn't always cooperate with what we want. I am extremely greatful for my lovely daughters and my wonderful wife, who I am sure would say that I should by myself a new receiver if that is what I want. However it is my job to be responsible and not spend money we don't have. I love listening to movies with incredible surround sound. Movies like the Matrix, Saving Private Ryan, Black Hawk Down, The Rock, Conspiracy Theory, Lord of the Rings, the list goes on and on. I can only imagine how great the movies would sound with a new Onkyo Receiver.

Thanks,

Brack

Vegas 1

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alvin Kuenster
Count me in to win this awesome AVR. I would really like to upgrade my older Marantz SR5005 5.1 set-up. My speaker are

from the 90's so have some years of use. My room is large enough for 9.2 set-up. So this AVR would be a welcome addition

to my work in progress HT.

James^Dew

Auditioning
I'd like to say I've had lots of Onkyo products but I have never had the chance to own one. Heard them and liked them but bought a Sony ES before I knew enough about Onkyo's quality. That was 16 years ago, Sony still runs though its interfaces are a little long in the tooth now. Updating to a reciever of this caliber would be a welcome improvement for my home theater.

Ally

Agent
Real Name
Ally
For me my home theater is more than just a hobby, it's an experience, I don't goto the movies often so the better equipment I own the better experience I have watching my favorite movies at home. Having an Atmo capable receiver plus the added benefits of future video formats will make my home theater more enjoyable.

DeaconMac

Auditioning
Real Name
Deacon Maccubbin
My current receiver -- a recently purchased Denon 5.1 -- came highly recommended...by a salesman on commission, I think. It works. Just not very well. Both movies and music bring much joy to my life and I'm very serious about them. I need serious equipment to do them justice. Let's start with this Onkyo. I had an Onkyo receiver many years ago and loved it. It's time to reacquaint myself with an old friend.

Bradley Newton

Stunt Coordinator
I upgrade every couple of years, a habit that predates my laser disc days. I'd love to upgrade to Dolby Atmos to further inflame my tinnitus. :)

Dave-Z

Agent
Due to financial stresses in recent years, I had to sell my old system. It would be a blessing to have again the core element to get going again. Thank you.

Brian Husar

Supporting Actor
I would love to have close to a theater experience in my home. I am not one to seek out expensive stuff but Atmos
Has gotten me excited to have something more than the home theater in a box from
Sony.

mark brown

Supporting Actor
It has been 15 years since i updated most of my components. Atmos would be a great start as i begin the replacement process!

CORDAY2005

Auditioning
Real Name
MARCUS
winning this receiver would give me a chance to showcase my media room as high quality theater. I currently have a set of atlantic technology thx speakers but my amp (pioneer) barely has enough power to push them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks