What's new

Will we ever see any of the AFI tributes or special on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
I think the thread title describes it all.

I would love to see many of the classic AFI tributes to the likes of John Ford, Alfred Hitchcock, Kirk Douglas, and many many others. The only one that I have seen is Billy Wilder. Many of these were released on VHS & LD, but never on DVD - WHY?

Also, I would love to have the AFI-100 Series. I know there are many people here that don't like these lists, and I have some issues with them myself (I don't want to debate that here though). Sometimes, I simply find it enjoyable to sit down and watch a series of clips from great films. It's an absolute rush for me to watch a rapid succession of great moments.

Does anybody know if AFI plans on releasing any of these. I guess rights must be a nightmare for some of these, but seeing as it is essentially advertising for films, I wouldn't think that the studios that own the clips would be too tight-fisted.

John Stell

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Stell
The AFI specials 100 Years, 100 Movies and 100 Years, 100 Stars were released. (I have them.) But I believe both are now out-of-print. They also released a mega-set comprised of those 1/2 hour shows they did around the same time as 100 Years, 100 Movies,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks