What's new

Will Trek 2 theatrical cut remain in print? (1 Viewer)

Stas T

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone know if ST II: The Wrath of Khan theatrical cut DVD will remain in print after the 2-disc director's cut is released next month?

Stephen A

Agent
From DVDFile:

And in Star Trek news, Paramount will not be discontinuing the current DVD of edition of The Wrath of Khan - the only way to get the original theatrical version of the film - to make way for the upcoming two-disc special edition, which includes a new extended cut of the film. Both will remain on the market, so you can take your pick...

Phil Florian

Screenwriter
Anyone know what the "extended" footage includes? I remember the TV broadcast of it a coupla decades ago. Most "new" stuff involved Scotty's nephew (that obnoxious engineering kid from "Escape from Witch Mountain") but I don't remember any new rants by Khan or posturing by Kirk...you know, the good stuff.

Thanks!

Phil

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
The Peter Preston footage IS good stuff

The scene between Scotty and McCoy in Sickbay is fantastic. Why both with the theatrical cut? This is the way is was supposed to be

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Sorry, but I never liked the Preston stuff much. The theatrical version IS the best version. I think I'll hang onto it.

Ryan Spaight

Supporting Actor
This is sorta off topic, but if you like the "expanded" version of ST2, you really ought to read the novelizations of both ST2 and ST3. These are very, very good and delve deep into the stuff the movies barely touch, like the Peter Preston subplot and the David/Saavik relationship.

Ryan

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I'm looking forward to a review of this. Hopefully very soon we'll see one!!!
The novels were great. Yes they included a lot more of the background as well as David & Savvik.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I hope they color correct the Director's Cut. THe current version has a brown-reddish push that I don't think was intended.

DanHaya

Second Unit
This is sorta off topic, but if you like the "expanded" version of ST2, you really ought to read the novelizations of both ST2 and ST3. These are very, very good and delve deep into the stuff the movies barely touch, like the Peter Preston subplot and the David/Saavik relationship.
I agree. Totally lost in all of this was the fact that Saavik is half Romulan...the movies never mentioned or explored that. It would've really been interesting had Kirstie Alley come back for ST6...but she turned it down and the character was changed to Valeris and Kim Catrall was cast.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks