What's new

Will the release of Trek:TNG influence Warner re:Babylon 5??... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I wonder with Paramounts release of season box sets for TNG. Will Warner be more inclined to release Babylon 5 in season box sets? I know B5 is not as popular as Star Trek. But, their should be plenty of fans out there to buy them.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
The release itself probably won't, but high sales (I mean, phenomenally high sales) probably will.

Larry Gardner

Stunt Coordinator
I sorely doubt it, but hope I'm wrong. If sales were the issue, then Warner should have been able to see the returns for Fox's X-Files and HBO's Sopranos in order to gauge this correctly.

If they actually were 'market researching' (like they say) we wouldn't be getting abbreviated Friends or South Park since X-Files and Sopranos box sets have been coming out for over two years (X-Files) and one year (Sopranos). Plus the Star Trek: TOS as separate episodes has been discussed over and over by everyone as how NOT to release a TV series on DVD.

They have stated that their 'marketing research' shows that people do not want entire seasons box sets. Where they get their 'marketing research' information is anyone's guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks