What's new

Will The GameShark Make Your PS2 Region Free? (1 Viewer)

JonS

Stunt Coordinator
I have heard from several people that the gameshark for PS2 will let you play other region dvds. can anybody confirm this. thanks.

Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Supporting Actor
I did not know that it was, but in case you discover that it is not, I would advise you to get a disc called DVD Region x, which also let you choose your own region. The disc says you need a memory card in order to use, but that is only if the basic disc does not do the trick, in my case it worked wonderfully, but then again I have only used it once, on one disc...

JonS

Stunt Coordinator
The DVD Region X is only compatible with European PS2's, which mine is not. Thanks anyway.

Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Supporting Actor
Oh... I did not know that
Another advice though would be that there actually is a gaming hardware forum here as well, I bet regulars in that forum would know more, at least about the Gameshark

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
I was able to set-up my PS2 to play region2 DVD's without any aditional hardware/software. But It can't convert PAL...so only NTSC region 2 (Japan).
Now I need a list of better versions in region 2.
Only Takeshi Kintano's Brother comes to mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks