What's new

Will Shock Treatment be released in the US? (1 Viewer)

Bradley Newton

Stunt Coordinator
A European Rocky Horror/Shock Treatment DVD boxed set has an announced release date of April 17th, 2006. It looks to be the 25th anniversary double DVD boxed set paired with a European region Shock Treatment. The box itself seems to be shaped like the Lips. Does anyone know if a Region 1 release is planned for Shock Treatment?

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I have the beautiful deluxe LD Box Set and the 2 disc DVD, I won't be double dipping on this one. I do want "Shock Treatment."

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Funny, two days ago I was wondering the same thing. I consider ST a guilty pleasure.

-paul

Colton

Supporting Actor
I wouldn't double-dip for RHPS since the 25th Anniversary is perfect. As for SHOCK TREATMENT, I'd definitely grab it, but I'm holding off for a blu-ray transfer of both movies.

I wonder if O'Brien will oversee the Blu-Ray version and give us a masterpiece with tons of extra features. For example, he said they filmed an alternative version of Science Fiction/Double Feature with actual clips from each of the movies from the lyrics, but it received a poor reaction from the test audience in 1975, so they ditched it for Patricia Quinn's lips. I want to see that alternative version! (It is present in the script as well.)

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing some sort of digital upgrade to the special effects, but keep the untouched version too. The castle being transported back to Transylvania needs some polishing.

- Colton

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
The cheesy look of the effects in Rocky Horror are absolutely integral to the design of the film IMHO, much like the costumes with torn stockings and thrift-shop glam. Granted they are probably the result of budgetary constraints as much as deliberate design but they fit in perfectly to me. And, since the film is an affectionate warping of many of the low-tech sci-fi films of the 50's a high-tech look would be wrong

It seems to me that someone asked about ST during a Fox chat here and were told it wasn't under consideration. It was also revealed that Fox were extremely disappointed in the sales of the RH anniversary edition DVD that they had worked so hard on.

Bradley Newton

Stunt Coordinator
I remember reading that as well, but since Fox is putting ST out in the UK, I thought perhaps they might reconsider and decide to release it here.
And it is a shame that the two-disc Rocky Horror did not sell well here. It's one of my favorite DVDs, simply for all of the love and care that went into it. I would double-dip for Rocky if that was the only way I get a better copy of Shock Treatment.
Shocky is a (very) guilty pleasure, but I do have fond memories of buying the soundtrack LP, stumbling upon the original one-sheet poster at a magic shop, and finally seeing the film at the local cinema at 2 in the morning after a screening of Rocky. My friends and I were the only folks that stayed for ST and the theater manager stood in the back of the theater and glared at us for making him stay up late for such inane drivel.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks