What's new

Will she be another Lindsay or Britney? (2 Viewers)

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member

I guess it is American culture, but I really don't see the big deal with nudity or nude photos, or see a girl taking taking a picture of herself naked as a stupid decision. It's a body without clothes, which all we all see everyday when ourselves, young children or partners shower and get dressed.

I also don't see the deal with celebrities showing their naughty bits when they are swimming or getting out of a car wearing a skirt, as it happens to "normal" people all of the time. The only difference is there is not a throng of media hounding our every move.

J

JamesED

Second Unit
Our culture build up of nudity gets rediculous some times. Who cares if she took a private, naked photo of herself? Well, other than enjoying seeing it.

What is disgusting, is the worship of Lohan and Britney. They are classless felons that would be in jail with any other name.

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Slightly off topic, but relevant. My daughter has always idolized Hillary Duff. Through-out her Lizzy McGuire shows and we have purchased all of her CDs. We even have seen her in concert. I am glad to see that she has avoided all the pitfalls of stardom so far. It shows that it can be done.

betooz

Agent
Real Name
Chris

What exactly is sad about a legal teen's nude picture getting posted on the Internet? She should do a little more personal grooming, but that is not a crime and I certainly would not kick her out of bed for it. :D Granted, I don't have any kids and probably never will.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
I don't have an issue with nudity, but I certainly don't see why young girls (celebrity or not) want a nude picture plastered all over the internet for any nasty creep to gawk at and use any way they wish.

I don't think there is anything racey about her picture. Other celebs have let far racier pictures be leaked. Call me old fashion, but in the age of the internet, once it is out there, it always will be out there.

Jimi C

Screenwriter
"She should do a little more personal grooming"

I was going to comment on that but couldnt think of a way to put it without sounding vulgar.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
She's fine.
And Disney DID NOT drop her from her contract agreement. She maintained her appearances on Radio Disney and elsewhere this weekend, and Disney has her booked for an album coming up. None of that has changed.

The "official" story as of right now seems to go like this (thanks E! Radio):

Picture was sent specifically to one person (oh, let's assume her boyfriend Zac Efron)
Computer was serviced for problems
Suddenly, one week later, pictures appear published on Internet.

Girl has nothing to be sorry for. If the story is legit, then whoever (or whichever service) harvested data should be the ones ashamed.

BrianShort

Supporting Actor
I dont know enough about her to know if she'll be another Britany or Lindsey, but if she does, it won't be because of these pictures...

I can understand her being embarrassed that they leaked into the public domain, but other than that I don't think she should be sorry or apologize to anyone. It's not her fault they were leaked, from the sounds of it.

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
"we got bush!"

In this day and age of the clean look it's nice to see.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I don't think she wanted it plastered all over the internet. It's got to be tremendously embarrassing. These things just have a way of getting out when you're (semi) famous. As long as she doesn't drive drunk, snort coke off a public toilet seat, or end up in a criminal court I'd argue she's still way ahead of the curve.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
As far as the comment "Will she be another Lindsay or Britney", I didn't mean in terms of drug use or bad driving habits, I was meaning in terms of how all of a sudden all these young stars are getting pictures snapped of their naughty bits and then posted all over the net.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/news/st...141402,00.html

Taking nude pictures of oneself is bad now? The most I would have said was that I regret that what should have been private pictures leaked out. Of course, she said what she had to say to save her career.

The girl did nothing out of the ordinary and nothing wrong.

But in this day and age where privacy has all but vanished, extra care must be taken to safeguard sensitive information. And perhaps the risk vs rewards of generating such information must be evaluated with equal care.

--
H

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks