What's new

Will Paradigm *EVER* make a bipoler model in the Studio line? (1 Viewer)

Kelly Scott Rickards

Stunt Coordinator
So I finnaly got a chance to hear some Studio 20 :eek: and some Studio 40
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
speakers yesterday
The studio 20s sounded sweet and the 40s nearly made me create a tear in my foreskin ;)
But I ask you:
WHY,OH WHY are there no bipolar studio surrounds??:thumbsdown: :angry: :thumbsdown: :angry:
I do not like the diffuse sound of dipolar speakers and the Studio ADPs are no exception.
I am sure plenty of people like me would like to mount a Studio "ABP" to the sides of the listening area, if only Paradigm would make them (pretty please?)

Mike OConnell

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike
You could always rewire them to the phase position of your liking! Just switch the positive and negative terminals on the individual drivers as needed.

I believe that one of the sets of drivers are wired to be in-phase and one out-of-phase. (Dipolar vs. Bipolar).

I realize this may not be the response you are wanting, but it probably would work.

Mike

Dave Koch

Stunt Coordinator
I have the ADP's, and they have always seemed OK to me...

If I were to reverse the phase on one set of drivers, what would happen? would I want the reversed pointed forward or backward?

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
I thought I heard that the Studio ADPs were bipole & dipole (depending on the frequency being produced). They had some circuit that made this possible... perhaps I was misinformed?

Chas_T

Supporting Actor
Home Theater's Review on ADP's....
Take the same tweeter and midbass from the other models, one set on the front and the other on the back, put the connections on one side and a false grille (like on the CC) on the other, and you’ve got a Studio/ADP. The acronym stands for Adapted Di-Polar: The relative phase of the front and back is unique. At the top end they are dipolar, at the bottom bipolar. In this way, Paradigm gets the spaciousness of a dipole without the bass cancellation.
Link Removed

Bruce Chang

Second Unit
hey Glauco BRuZZi, where did you get your def tech stuff? I always hear about them, but never audition them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks