What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Will "Castlevania Symphony of the Night" play on PS2? (1 Viewer)

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor
I seem to recall reading somewhere that there is a small list of PSOne games that don't seem to be compatible with PS2 hardware (and I also recall Castlevania being on that list). I was able to find two new copies of SOTN at a local hardware store (of all places!) and was going to sell them on eBay if the prices were high enough. They are currently selling for around $20.00 new, so I'm going to return one of them and keep the other for myself. However, I will be returning both if this game doesn't run well on the PS2 hardware.

Has anyone had any negative experiences running this game on PS2 hardware?

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
Since SotN worked on my PS2 last time I played through it, I would have to say yeah it should. Just you can't use graphic smoother on it, or it will crash.

JamesH

Supporting Actor
I've played through it in its entirety with the smoother on and no crashes so YMMV. The only problem is that sometimes there are vague square outlines around some of the sprites, but it looks better overall IMO. Leave fast loading off though, that has crashed numerous PS1 games for me.

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor
I popped the game in last night and it played fine. However, the PS2 didn't recognize a PS2 memory card for the game. Do I need to use PSOne memory cards for PSOne games played on PS2 hardware?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrharris
Recent bookmarks