What's new

will a 25-31pc+ perform well at lower volumes also? (1 Viewer)

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Do birds Fly?;)

I had 3 25-31CS+'s in a room that was 12 X 24 X 10'and frankly, one would have been more than sufficient. The one 25-31CS+ provided much better SQ and SPL in the lower region than my past (no slouch) dual 15" subs. It could keep up in the 30 Hz material and above also. It's my favorite cylinder actually.

JessyMcK

Agent
if you can convince "the better half" than I'll do it. Let me warn you it took me about 3 months to convince her that I needed one, now I have to donate plasma to pay for it.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member

Yes I think most of us guys seem to have the same trials.:)

The last sub I brought into the house really cost me. It seemed fine at first, (Hey she's coming along, I think to myself), but then anger set in and there was no holding her back for a week or so. I guess we're just as capable though.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
I just buy it and bring it home. She doesn't mess with my home theater, I don't mess with her Karate classes. There's still some fallout to deal with, but hey, you choose your battles. And an killer sub is a great thing to fight for :D

steve nn

Senior HTF Member

AH Heck! It looks like UPS is closed this Friday due to the Holyday:rolleyes

Just playing Jessy :)

Eric C D

Second Unit
Just read this, and while I agree that the SVS does fine at lower volumes, I have one note to add concerning operating any sub at lower volumes.

Basically, as you lower your system volume from the volume you calibrated everything at, turn up the gain on your subwoofer a little bit. While the entire sound level is lower, the sub should be a little louder in proportion to the rest, because you will *perceive* it to sound the same. Look up the Fletcher-Munson Equal Loudness curve for more detailed info.

enjoy!

JessyMcK

Agent
it better surprise us, we have had no sub since we went with a digtal reciever a couple years ago. before that it was a bose cube sistym with a passive sub.

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
Good Lord, if you have been sub-less (and yeah, having a Bose is still basically being sub-less) then you definitely need to report back on here after you get it fired up.....My first SVS was the PCi25-31 and that thing kicked the crap out of me. I even had it in a pretty good sized room (about 18x30 with openings into the kitchen) and it had absolutely no problem taking over the joint. I'd highly recommend picking up Blade II, Saving Private Ryan, and The Haunting (play the chapter called 'creaky pipes') for your demos. There are many other good choices, but those are three of my faves. Blade II was the first flick I tossed in when I got the sub....my ex and I sat there on the couch in shock.....seriously. All the reports of SVSs moving pantlegs, blowing your hair, etc. are all true.

I can't wait to hear the results.....I'm excited for you bro!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks