What's new

Wild Wild West is on dvd....And are studio releases affecting Columbia House? (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I just got off the phone with a rep from Columbia House. They have released the show Wild Wild West on dvd. They have 3 volumes already available. At first I assumed it would be 2 episodes like CH always does. But, to my surprise she said the running time was around 150 minutes. This would mean the disc has 3 episodes on it. I wonder if the rash of cheap season sets by the studios is forcing CH to give more for what they are charging? Also, they are releasing the Batman animated episodes with 6 episodes. While, Warner's releases only have 4 episodes.

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
They're going to have to change their business model. No one is going to pay $25 for a DVD with four random episodes of ALL IN THE FAMILY or SANFORD AND SON on it when they can get an entire 22-24 episode season at Best Buy for even less than that.

Jerome

Second Unit
The Complete first season of Wild Wild West has been announced by Paramount France for December.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Jerome,

That is great news for you guys in France. Hopefully, Paramount will do the same for us here in the States.

Henry V

Stunt Coordinator
I'd love to see a full season set of this show on DVD, fingers crossed that someone at Paramount has the good sense to release it for North American consumption as well.

Mark Tay

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
Along similar lines, Columbia House has also just released "Land of the Giants". Three episodes per disc.

Martin Blythe

Second Unit
That French "announcement" is not in fact an announcemtn. We are exploring the idea of releasing this series, that's all.

Jerome

Second Unit
there was a press conference a few weeks ago from Paramount France about Indiana Jones and others releases of the second semester and they talked about Wild Wild West for December, the first season.

Sorry if it is wrong but for Paramount France, it is official.

Henry V

Stunt Coordinator
Martin, here's hoping you can get The Wild Wild West TV series on to your upcoming release schedule. This 60's secret agent/western/sci-fi hybrid action series holds up very well in retrospect and would find a ready audience with the same boomers who are buying the other studio's retro classic TV DVD releases.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks