Why the new bonus discs of New Line don't play in the Zenith players?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Patrick Soucy, Jan 20, 2004.

1. Patrick Soucy

Patrick Soucy Second Unit

Hello,

Do you know why the new Bonus disc of DVD release from New Line don't work in the Zenith players and some Playstation 2 ?

I purchased "Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers" (Extented Edition) and the discs #3 and 4 don't want load on the player...

Same thing with "Freddy vs. Jason" Disc number 2...

I really hope they will fix that like before... It's so frustrating to pay a DVD and only be able to watch 50% of the product... [​IMG] [​IMG]

I sended a mail to the compagny about that, and still no reply... very bad... I'm not sure about purchasing the next products from this company now... I don't want change my $300 player by the fault of the New Line! Why they don't test the DVD before sell it?

2. Jake Johnson

Jake Johnson Second Unit

Is this a common problem with New Line discs?

3. Patrick Soucy

Patrick Soucy Second Unit

Probably, I never had any problem with my other 130 DVD, and now, with TTT Extended, the bonus disc from New Line can't be read by the player...

Very sad thing, because the New Line Edition are so well made... [​IMG]

4. PeterTHX

PeterTHX Cinematographer

Well, the Zenith players, in my experience, aren't exactly top of the line. They are actually Lucky-Goldstar's (LG) players by the way.

Playstation 2's are also somewhat of a mediocre DVD player at best.

5. Hans M.

Hans M. Stunt Coordinator

Yes, I got the Zenith I had for cheap, when it came out.. back then (about $90 in 2001). I had the same problem with my LOTR: TT: EE. I thought it was prime time to up-grade teh DVD palyer and I got a great one that is multi-region and has Dolby digital decoding, DTS, plays DVD-Rs, CD-Rs and mp3s... for $70 shipped.

I would not hold my breath on New Line fixing this.

6. Peter Kline

Peter Kline Cinematographer

I doubt New Line will fix a problem that seems to be a player one. Cheap is cheap you know when it comes to electronics. [​IMG]

7. ChadMcCallum

ChadMcCallum Second Unit

I use my PS2 as a dvd player since I have a really nice S-Video cable and I haven't had any problems withs any disc's including TTT EE. What you should do is buy the PS2 remote with the driver updates. That might help. I didn't need it but you may have an older model than I do.

8. ChristopherBlig

ChristopherBlig Stunt Coordinator

This is also the case with the Aiwa DVD Player and I already exchanged it and the same problem, I don't understand it

9. Cahyo Wicaksono

Cahyo Wicaksono Stunt Coordinator

it's the player's firmware problem. As long as the manufacturer doesn't fix the firmware, doesn't matter how many times you want to exchange the player, it will pose the same problem.

PS: AIWA is low-end Sony. Did you get AIWA for sure? Because there is a Korean(?) electronics company called Aowa

10. ChristopherBlig

ChristopherBlig Stunt Coordinator

Yes, it is AIWA and it is menus are reminiscent of Zenith so they both have similar problems, tried it on another DVD player in the house and it worked fine