What's new

Why isn't The Butcher Boy on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Luc D

Second Unit
And when will this problem be rectified? :)
No but seriously, this was a moderately popular film wasn't it? For some reason I thought this was released on DVD (Region 1 at least) but a search on Amazon came up with nothing. Any news?
Also, completely unrelated (sort of): who owns the rights to Akira Kurosawa's "Dreams"? This is one of my favorite films yet it still doesn't have a DVD release. I've brought this up in a few older threads about Kurosawa's films but no one seemed to have any news and so I'm asking again in case there were some new developments.

Jon Sheedy

Stunt Coordinator
The Butcher Boy is a great film that I'd love to have on DVD. I wish we'd see it released soon!

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Both films are owned by Warner
That's the reason right there.
I'm hoping to see both of these films on DVD, especially Dreams, as I own The Butcher Boy on Laser. Hopefully Warner will get around to release these soon.

Will K

Screenwriter
Amen. This is a great little disturbing film. Get with the program, Warner.

Luc D

Second Unit
I was thinking, since I now know who owns the rigths to both films, should we send this thread to the Feedback page?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks