What's new

Why do good movies never play at my theater? (1 Viewer)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Anybody else have this problem? I was gearing up to go see Monster's Ball tomorrow, and guess what...It's only playing at the theater way across town (the one that a poor college student without a car or any form of transporation can get to)!! My theater adds Rollerball tomorrow...oh, I'm on my way out to see that piece of trash...

The only good movie playing near me is LotR...and I'd really like to see In the Bedroom and some others, but same damn problem, they either aren't playing at all in my town, or at least not where I can get to.

Sorry for the rant...but I wondered if I was the only one with this problem.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
You're not alone, Matt. I've heard this many times -- most often in Edwin's "alternative, independent and foreign film" threads. Most of the movies we discuss in those threads are difficult (or impossible) to find unless you live in a major metropolis.
I wish I had a solution (besides moving :)), but I don't.
M.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
You are not the only one with this problem Matt. We get the "big" films at my cinema about 95% of the time with only a few of the small one's slipping through. It's frustrating for me because if I want to see some of the alternative cinema I have to travel up to Sydney which is about 2hrs by the time I get to the cinema. So most of the time i'm stuck with waiting for a DVD release. To boot our cinema releases are usually 2-6months behind you guys. With the occasional big film arriving at the same time or a couple of weeks later.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks