What's new

Why did Dickey Betts get canned by the Allman Bros? (1 Viewer)

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
I was toying with the notion of seeing the Allmans in concert this summer but with Dickey gone, I'm not sure it would be worth it. Does anyone know why the reason why they fired him?

Jeff_P

Stunt Coordinator
I could be wrong but I thought it was said that he had a substance abuse problem. Go figure! Remember I could be wrong so dont quote me on that.
Jeff_P

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
I believe he got into a physical situation with his wife while "under the influence".
They notified him he was fired from the tour by fax. Quite a classy operation. When I was going to school in FLA, Greg Allman played in every dive bar in Daytona. A friend was visiting from New England, so I thought I'd take him to one of the shows. My friend couldn't hear the vocals very well, so he asked a roadie to turn up Greg's mic. 5 minutes later the show was stopped after 3 songs because Greg's throat was sore... no refund. So what if you can't sing ? Do a blues instrumental for 40+ minutes !!!! What an arse.
No way would I pay to see the Bros with just him and Butch Trucks as the only originals.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks