What's new

WHV Press Release: Dial M For Murder (3D Blu-ray) and Strangers On A Train (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey Nelson
I'll post just one more, from Blu-ray.com but there are legions more examples of people having ghosting problems with DIAL M FOR MURDER specifically. Something went wrong somewhere with this release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorkonig41
Just watched this and the ringing was much ado about nothing. However, I don't know if it is my display or the disc, but I had an incredible about of ghosting going on throughout. Despite that, I felt it looked pretty good considering how bad this film has always looked. Anyone else have the ghosting problem?
Yes, I did have the ghosting problem, and I don't think it's my (active) tv. I very rarely have ghosting or crosstalk issues. Again, it didn't ruin my enjoyment of the movie, but I am a little apprehensive about a (hopefully)
future release of House of Wax.

GregK

Screenwriter
Jeffrey Nelson said:
I'll post just one more, from Blu-ray.com but there are legions more examples of people having ghosting problems with DIAL M FOR MURDER specifically. Something went wrong somewhere with this release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorkonig41
Just watched this and the ringing was much ado about nothing. However, I don't know if it is my display or the disc, but I had an incredible about of ghosting going on throughout. Despite that, I felt it looked pretty good considering how bad this film has always looked. Anyone else have the ghosting problem?
Yes, I did have the ghosting problem, and I don't think it's my (active) tv. I very rarely have ghosting or crosstalk issues. Again, it didn't ruin my enjoyment of the movie, but I am a little apprehensive about a (hopefully)
future release of House of Wax.
Nothing went wrong with this release. It's your given display. See this post for details:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/topic/321465-a-few-words-about™-top-gun-3d-in-blu-ray/?p=3929177

Or pick up the new Spears and Munsil Bluray test disc which also has 3D test patterns if you need further confirmation.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
There is no ghosting on my Mitsubishi DLP display. But that's a given. :)

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey Nelson
And if CREATURE looks great on my setup, how would high contrast, objects placed in Z space, etc. have any bearing on DIAL M? The ENTIRE THING looks like ghosted garbage, whereas CREATURE, which has scenes of high contrast and much deeper, more effective use of 3D throughout, looked absolutely great.

Todd J Moore

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Todd Moore
I just watched this on Friday for the third time and saw no ghosting whatsoever. None. Nada. Zip. Zero. Not a single frame. And I apparently am hardly the only one.

EddieLarkin

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nick
It's not just a problem with DIAL M. I don't know if you've seen it yourself, but HUGO has ghosting just as bad on my active plasma, but less frequently.

If your TV/Projector is compatible, you might want to invest in some RF glasses rather than IR too. They are more effective at eliminating ghosting.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Steve Tannehill said:
There is no ghosting on my Mitsubishi DLP display. But that's a given. :)
That's the type of display I used for my reviewOf Dial M 3D. No issues on my end either.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
It's not just a problem with DIAL M. I don't know if you've seen it yourself, but HUGO has ghosting just as bad on my active plasma, but less frequently.
On my Sony KDL55NX810 I did notice some ghosting in certain scenes especially at the end of HUGO but, most of it is eliminated on my Panasonic AE8000U front projector.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I noted ghosting on HUGO as well, but chalked it up to the combination of my plasma display and extreme contrast elements (bright lights on dark backgrounds, which are prevalent in scenes of Hugo's living quarters and the areas behind the clocks).

JSul

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Sullivan
Barnes & Noble have 40% off all blurays.....good time to grab up DMFM/3d for just over 20 bucks

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Barnes & Noble have 40% off all blurays.....good time to grab up DMFM/3d for just over 20 bucks
I went to their web site and its $35.99. It's not listed under their 40% off list.

JSul

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Sullivan
Must be an 'in store only' sale?Was at my local BN and had signs up, all blurays 40 % off....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks