What's new

Whohoo! Just moved into the new house! Bonus room = HT! (1 Viewer)

Bill Bradstreet

Stunt Coordinator
Nothing really special picture-wise, so I'll just type.

Closing was last Tuesday. I enlisted a bunch of friends and borrowed an F250 Lariat (Diesel, yeah baby!). The friends brought a Trooper and a Blazer. So, in two trips from my sister's basement, I moved all the clutter I probably should have just thrown out. Then, in 4-5 trips we moved the remaining from the townhouse.

Before the evening was over I had the HT all set up in the bonus room. 14'x22' room!! What a great size!! I didn't have any treatments on the walls, so it had a bit too much reflectivity. Still it was fun. My 6 year old nephew went straight for the Episode I DVD! ;-)

I took the ol' Yamaha (I can't even remember the model #) that was in the bedroom and put it in the great room with a pair of JBL Pro VIII (or something like that). {yeah, I know, I never look at my equipment anymore. As long as it sounds good to me}

The site manager for the house was over to change the doors in the HT room for me. We were talking in the great room and he gave me my first compliment. He's not the talkative type. He really liked my 2-channel setup. Good thing my wife was out at work! I would hate for her to think that the set up was good enough!! I'm still eyeing the 950 for 2-channel on the first floor. ;-)

Robert G

Stunt Coordinator
Congrats on the new house and HT room. I was thrilled to get a dedicated HT room with my recent move. It is 12X19 and has worked out great. The best upgrade I have made yet. A room that needs NO WAF.:D

Bill Bradstreet

Stunt Coordinator
First I need to get a job, then I'll be able to finish paying Dennis to design the HT for the basement! That's what I'm really waiting for. I won't upgrade the HT equipment much until then.

Hear this Dennis? Yup, I'm still going to use you. Just sit tight on my money for now. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks