Who has heard any Techno on DVD or DVD-A

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DaveV, Oct 23, 2002.

1. DaveV

DaveV Agent

Any one know where I can buy 5.1 techno?
    Thanks
    Dave

2. Andrew Chong

Andrew Chong Supporting Actor

Because of the many subcategories of electronic music, I'm not sure if Orbital is classified techno. However, I believe that Orbital has a music video dvd entitled "The Altogether" that was expressly done in 5.1 (their single-CD edition has the same music in regular stereo; there is also a two-CD edition available with remixes and new tracks on the second disc).

At this time, I think it is only available from England.

3. Brian Kaz

Brian Kaz Second Unit

You've hit on something I've always wondered about. Namely, why there aren't more 5.1 discs from bands who are pushing the limits of technology and music.

While I would love to get 5.1 CD/DVDs from the likes of Future Sound of London and Fluke, I wait impatiently for Massive Attack and Portishead to do so (though not exactly techno).

4. Jeff Savage

Jeff Savage Second Unit

I don't really classify Moby as hard core techno but his Play - The DVD with the 5.1 soundtrack is pretty awesome.

Laters,
    Jeff

5. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale
    Massive Attack has a DVD out called 'Eleven Promos'. I can't find anywhere listing whether it is 5.1 or not. If you get it, let me know how it sounds would you?

6. Iain Lambert

Iain Lambert Screenwriter

"Massive Attack has a DVD out called 'Eleven Promos'. I can't find anywhere listing whether it is 5.1 or not. If you get it, let me know how it sounds would you? "

Nope, just stereo on that. It sounds fine, however, and well worth a purchase for Jonathan Glazer's Karmacoma and Michael Gondry's Protection.

Portishead's PNYC live DVD has a lovely 5.1 mix on it, however, if that floats your boat. Its also got every video on there, which is a bargain.

Finally, the Underworld Everything, Everything DVD also has 5.1 on it which is nice.

7. Denny_S

Denny_S Stunt Coordinator

What about any DVDs or DVD-As with Drum and Bass / Jungle ?