What's new

Who has heard any Techno on DVD or DVD-A (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
Because of the many subcategories of electronic music, I'm not sure if Orbital is classified techno. However, I believe that Orbital has a music video dvd entitled "The Altogether" that was expressly done in 5.1 (their single-CD edition has the same music in regular stereo; there is also a two-CD edition available with remixes and new tracks on the second disc).

At this time, I think it is only available from England.

Brian Kaz

Second Unit
You've hit on something I've always wondered about. Namely, why there aren't more 5.1 discs from bands who are pushing the limits of technology and music.

While I would love to get 5.1 CD/DVDs from the likes of Future Sound of London and Fluke, I wait impatiently for Massive Attack and Portishead to do so (though not exactly techno).

Jeff Savage

Second Unit
I don't really classify Moby as hard core techno but his Play - The DVD with the 5.1 soundtrack is pretty awesome.

Laters,
Jeff

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
Massive Attack has a DVD out called 'Eleven Promos'. I can't find anywhere listing whether it is 5.1 or not. If you get it, let me know how it sounds would you?

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
"Massive Attack has a DVD out called 'Eleven Promos'. I can't find anywhere listing whether it is 5.1 or not. If you get it, let me know how it sounds would you? "

Nope, just stereo on that. It sounds fine, however, and well worth a purchase for Jonathan Glazer's Karmacoma and Michael Gondry's Protection.

Portishead's PNYC live DVD has a lovely 5.1 mix on it, however, if that floats your boat. Its also got every video on there, which is a bargain.

Finally, the Underworld Everything, Everything DVD also has 5.1 on it which is nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks