What's new

Who Else Thought Family Guy Was Hilarious Tonight?? (1 Viewer)

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
"Is there anything else I could do for you?"
"BRING ME PETER PAN!"
"Oh we're just playing house..."
"Then why is that kid over their tied up?"
"Roman Polanski's House..."
laugh.gif

Last night's episode was a laugh riot. I do have to agree with Nick as this is one of the best shows on TV now a days.
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed - DVD Reviewer
Link Removed / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
I agree. Another classic episode. Loved the fast times parody. There has not been a bad episode of family guy yet. Of course the only other show that can make this claim is the simpsons. IMHO family guy has been better than the past 3 years of the simpsons easily. Hilarous. Now if it was only dvd. Peace
------------------
"Come on, you fuckers think that just cause a guy reads comics he can't start some shit, I'll fucking take all you on!"
Beavis and Butthead on DVD
Family Guy on DVD

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Hugh Downes kicking ass. Funny stuff.
Speaking of fight scenes, does anyone remember the one where Peter fought the guy in the chicken suit? It lasted for, like, five minutes. They spoofed every fight cliche, and I kept thinking it was going to end, but it just kept going! I think it was literally the hardest and longest laugh I had watching TV.
Some other great scenes: (quotes are not exact and probably not even close)
Liza Minelli: "Come on, momma needs her little blue pill to shine."
"But I'm just a chocolate candy covered in a candy shell!"
"Thanks, Spiderman!"
"Everybody gets one."
Peter stands next to a button that says, "Do Not Push."
He pushes the button. A guy comes up to him and kicks him in the stomach.
Brian is telling Peter something really important. Peter says, "Oh my god, you can talk!"
A bunch of people are watching them, and one guy says, "So, can they understand the baby or what?"

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
Mike, I was just thinking about the chicken fight today! I love when he slams his head in the copier and you see the bloody printouts. What a great scene!
I remember every single one of those scenes you mentioned. "Oh my god, you can talk?"
laugh.gif

How bout that flashback when Peter's at that house party and they're doing a line dance and he goes thru the wall with his car! hahaha
------------------
Chuck
Chuckster's HT Equipment List
The Dorm Room Theater

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Remember from one of the other episodes with that TV talk show DIANE:
Guy: Baby, im not really a man, Im a woman *Unzips into a woman*
Girl: Really?
Guy: No, im not really a woman, im a horse *Unzips into a horse*
Girl: Oh my!
Guy: No, im not really a horse, im a broom *unzips into a broom*
That was hilarious

Ryan Peddle

Second Unit
This show is the ultimate in ridiculous humour.
Here is some more of our favorite News anchor.
When Meg see him walking the hallway of here school and she goes into a trance staring at him and he's walking horribly slow ( and he has dream clouds around him) and then someone out side yells in "Tom, hurry up, we have to get going", but he is still walking horribly slow. All the students walking around in the hallway normally. I think like 15 students walked by him.
The Meg is watching the News and she goes into a day dream and Tom Tucker is jumping into a pool then rips his clothes off and starts kissing her.
I loved the line with Chris with the Nerds parents were over and he said, "I'm supposed to be on my best behavior, and I'm not supposed to mention poo....oh, what have I done" and he runs away.
There are a lot of tiny funny things in the show that you can easily miss the first time around. One time Peter and Lois were watching tv and Meg was bitching about something
and she ran upstairs crying Peter turned to Lois and said "who was that guy".
The funniest line I have ever heard on the show was "Pea-Tear-Griffin" line. If you don't know what it is, keep watching they are bound to show it again.
------------------
Oops, I dropped my eardrums.
Could you pick them up for me?
[Edited last by Ryan Peddle on August 31, 2001 at 05:43 PM]

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
Holy crap, Ryan, the pea, tear, griffin scene had me laughin harder than I can remember. However, the definitive laugh came from an episode where the neighbors get a bunch of new gadgets and they turn to Charlie Brown who says "I got a rock" in a depressed tone just like in the Halloweeen special!!!!!!! Holy shit was that funny, I was in tears.
------------------
Chuck
Chuckster's HT Equipment List
The Dorm Room Theater

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I got a funny idea for an episode.
Baby Stewie has a birthday, and the parents get him his favorite kids movie of all time on DVD.
Stewie finds out that it's P&S
Stewie: "What the hell is this?" "Why is my picture all cropped off?"
Brian: "Studios do this, to cater to the family market, they think this is how we want our movies"
Stewie: "They do, do they? Those studio bastards are going to pay!"
then Stewie vows to get his favorite kid movie in WIDESCREEN.
------------------

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
POhyeah, the Pea-Tear-Griffin thing was f-ing hilarious...
JohnS, that would seem like a good idea, but then most people would be like 'I dont get it... its shown perfectly, what does he mean cropped off???'
biggrin.gif

------------------

Joe_C

Supporting Actor
laugh.gif
This thread has been absolutely hilarious. I love recalling all these great lines.
By the way, the show is apparently getting canceled, or is at least extremely close to it. I have some information on my site in the sig, or go to www.thefamilyguy.com to get it straight from the source (or as close as possible).
Also, everyone sign the petition in my sig to get this fantastic, grossly misunderstood show released on DVD! Please, we need way more people to sign this.
------------------
www.DigitalHoard.com
Petition: get Family Guy released on DVD!
[Edited last by Joe_C on September 04, 2001 at 03:34 AM]

Ryan Peddle

Second Unit
I am a 23 year old Canadian College student who has adored THE FAMILY GUY since it's inception. It is a fantastic show with pretty much the best humour I have ever watched. Each week I anticipate the amount of laughter The Family Guy will bring me. It has become a ritual amongst my group of friends and fellow college students to watch this show every Wednesday night at 9:30pm.
I don't know why there would be a thought of cancelling it. I'm not sure if it is the subject material. Personally I find the subject material to be overwhelmingly hurourous, and not the least bit degrating or insulting.
If the reason for possible cancellation lies in the possiblity of low ratings. Well, stop cancelling the show or moving it around so much. Most people that watched the show before the Summer, did not realize that it was returning. If you may, I would like to give you a prime example of what could happen to this show. My example is Seinfeld. I started watching Seinfeld from the very firt episode. Then it was moved without regard or advertising, and I missed a whole group of episodes. Then it popped up again. Then was moved. Then put on hold. Then bang it hit a Thursday night timeslot and, well, we all know the history there.
Trust a loyal viewer, like myself, when I say there are many people that watch and adore this show. There is a small cult following, similar to Seinfled during it's first 3 seasons.
The Family Guy has yet to have a disappointing episode. It has a fantastic staff of writers, who are geniuses of comedy.
Please, do the show, the staff, and the fans a favour and do not cancel this show. You will not be sorry.
Yours Truly,
Ryan Peddle
[email protected]
Ontario, Canada
I have now written to Fox. Please I urge everyone to do so. Help save Family Guy.
------------------
Oops, I dropped my eardrums.
Could you pick them up for me?

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
Just sent an e-mail to fox. If everyone will also notice the link down in my sig to for family guy on dvd. Wow only 65 signatures I know there are more fans out there than that. Peace
------------------
"Come on, you fuckers think that just cause a guy reads comics he can't start some shit, I'll fucking take all you on!"
Beavis and Butthead on DVD
Family Guy on DVD

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Brett, I started a little "FG on DVD" thing awhile ago and got a few hundred names in a month or so. It wasn't part of PetitionOnline.com just a site I tossed up one day.
Keep it up, you never know when people will come around.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I loved the 'Electric Company' reference.- DAMN FUNNY!
also, Stewie at a funeral, checking out the babies.
"I'd do her, and her, and her, who hasn't done her, wouldn't do her, loose the pig tails and we'll talk!
Peter as a male hooker.
"How would you like a Clevend Steemer?"
laugh.gif

------------------

Jim DiJoseph

Second Unit
This show is a homerun every week!
Last night's episode had my sides hurting before the first set of commercials. I swear, after my wife and I had twins earlier this year, I have to watch this show with a pillow. Otherwise, my "laugh-out-loud" moments disturb the babies! This is the only show on TV where I cannot guarantee that I can control my laughter! Funny, eh?
Keep the quotes coming!
Other priceless moments last night (these aren't verbatim):
Peter's speech at his boss' memorial service! "Jesus isn't dead, he faked his own death until he can control the rage within...dah-dah-daaah-dah!" Cue incredible hulk picture!
Wench: "Wouldst thou like to take a gander under my skirt?"
Peter: "Um, alright." Gets a gander and shoves it up her skirt. "Man some people are weird!"
------------------
Remember...no matter where you go, there you are.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Stewie was on last night:
"How ya doin' there, big fella? Want a soda? Oh the hell with it, I tried."
His Mad Libs had me rolling on the floor.
The Sound of Music thing was pretty good, too. It's funny when they drag a bit out too long as an obvious attempt to fill time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks