What's new

Who Else Thought Family Guy Was Hilarious Tonight?? (1 Viewer)

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
I truly great show. Makes my wonder why in the world fox would pull it. Every single episode of this show is priceless. Some of my favorite quotes from tonights episode were.
"Hey is your refrigerator running. Because if it is it's probably running like you. Homosexualy."
"Mets Suck, Knicks Suck, Yankees Suck."
I'm not exact on those quotes but you get the jist of it. Great episode. Peace. Don't forget to go to the link in my signature.
------------------
"Come on, you fuckers think that just cause a guy reads comics he can't start some shit, I'll fucking take all you on!"
Beavis and Butthead on DVD
Family Guy on DVD
Support the cause please

Jodee

Screenwriter
I loved the line "about as natural as a white man's dialogue in a Spike Lee movie" followed by the pizza-shop owner's gibberish....

Sean Cauley

Stunt Coordinator
Don't forget:
"Public urination is just wrong. Except at the Million Man March, when protesters set fire to our Port-O-Potties. Then I used my 'stream of justice' to put out the hate."
Or Stewie shooting hoops and talking trash. "Go on home to your momma, bitch. This is my house."
And the SUPERMAN II bit was outrageous. "Krypton sucks!"
I can always count on FAMILY GUY for some good laughs.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
This was the first episode I've seen this season. Did my ears trick me or did they change Stewie's line in the theme song from "f-in cry" to "laugh and cry"?
------------------
These chicks know how to party! - MoJo JoJo

Pete_S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Pete Schlotter
Did my ears trick me or did they change Stewie's line in the theme song from "f-in cry" to "laugh and cry"?
Glad to see I'm not the only once who noticed that. I thought maybe I was just losing it...

Jim__B

Stunt Coordinator
The stewie line gets me too my wife has always thought it was f'in cry, i for some reason always thought it said laugh and cry. In the new ones it definately says laugh and cry.
I will have to go back and check some early episodes i have on tape.

Patrick Cate

Stunt Coordinator
The Family Guy never disappoints. I only hope FOX doesn't cancel it anytime soon, as I fear they will. It's a pity they don't move the show to Sundays with the rest of their animated programs. I would think it would do better in the ratings there.

Neil_S

Stunt Coordinator
About the f'in cry... I had thought the exact same thing after watching one of the episodes this season. Then the topic was posted on the family guy newsgroup. Someone posted that the creator had always meant it to be 'laugh and cry' (I believe this person sited an interview but I'm not sure).
I went back and watched some old episodes and after listening again it does sound like 'laugh and cry'. Hmm..
They may have recorded the song again for some reason and it is clearer now but the words remain the same...
Neil
------------------

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I only hope FOX doesn't cancel it anytime soon, as I fear they will.
"Family Guy" is on the Fox fall lineup, so it should be with use at least until January.
wink.gif

I always thought it was "laugh & cry". I've never ever heard of the other interpretation until now. Weird.
My favorite line from last night (paraphrasing):
"Hello, 911? It's Quagmire... yeah, it's caught in the window this time."
laugh.gif

------------------
Too many DVDs, too little time...
AFI 100 Challenge - 36 to go!

GARY C

Second Unit
Damn I missed most of that episode, but the show overall is great.
My favorite from last weeks were (not word for word, but close enough).
Qaugmire after getting in the fight with Andy Capp and his wife.
"Did I just get laid?"
and the part where Peter see's Chris in the sauna
"Chris what wrong with your leg... oh my god!"
I never though any show would go for a subject like that, but that's why this show cracks me up.
Wife [can't remeber her name right now] "Chris would you like some milk?"
Peter "NO, no more milk for him."

Mark Wolverton

Stunt Coordinator
I loved when they were sitting around roll playing the one they most disliked and Brian did Stewy. ROTFLOL!!!!!!
------------------
Mark W
"I like to watch."
Chauncy Gardner - Being There -

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
What I want to know is how the hell do they get permission to use other characters like Andy Capp, Mr. Kool-Aid Man and the many other characters they stick in the show.
That always amazes me with family guy

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
I agree with everybody, that family guy is the BEST show on TV right now... No doubt about it... i love that show... Every episode i laugh out loud at least 3 times...
Its just the jokes are so crude and outright, its just hilarious... and those cutscenes are so funny...

Pete_S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Pete Schlotter
All right, how about the episode a season or two ago where Peter hurt his leg outside, and sat on the ground grasping it and sucking in air, over... and over... and over again. By the time he'd been doing it for literally 20-30 seconds, my mother and I had both lost it. To this day I still can't think of that scene without laughing.
Please, please, please start releasing seasons on DVD, FOX. It's not like anyone's going to air this in syndication. It's too edgy, and it's never seemed to have a broad appeal.
[Edited last by Pete_S on August 26, 2001 at 11:32 PM]

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
visit
http://www.familyguy.com/familyguy/index.html
great site with games and stuff on it. Take the house tour and click on different items around the house.
On their episode page, it's only listed up to 8/1/01
Family guy is moving to Thursdays this fall starting Nov 1ST , tonights episode is where Meg gets an internship at a news office.
------------------
[Edited last by JohnS on August 29, 2001 at 09:42 PM]

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
OH MY GOD! Tonights episode of Meg as an intern was so freakin funny.
The Fast Times at Ridgemont High/Phoebe Cates pool parody was so unbelievably funny. Plus the Quatum Leap bit was funny.
laugh.gif

And Neils father was one of the Jerky boys right??
"They said bad awful things, they would call me tasty cakes, and stick pine cones in my ass!"
laugh.gif

The news repoter...."children washing cars to raise money, is there anything more arousing!"
laugh.gif

I laughed so freakin hard.
Glad I'm taping it!!
------------------
[Edited last by JohnS on August 30, 2001 at 01:04 AM]

Ryan Peddle

Second Unit
The News reporter, Tom Tucker, kills me every episode.
Weather Mime impersonating rainfall,
TT:"and parents are throwing fecal matter from the rooftops"
Tonight internship episode was deadly.
The fight scenes were amazing and I couldn't stop laughing.
This show was a big college hit last year and then the cancelled it, again. But the episodes this summer have had me nothing short of breathless with laughter.
The long dong episode has been to me, the pinnacle of hilarity. They push the envelope of racial and sexual jokes so much. The NGA commercial had me laughing so hard I though my head was going to explode, "If you squeeze me, I make bad people go away" . And the New York guys with their lingo...deadly. The Arnie and Sly movie..."I remember Cecil", come on.
One question though, what is the ratio of guys to girls that watch this show?
------------------
Oops, I dropped my eardrums.
Could you pick them up for me?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks