What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

White Christmas (Diamond Anniversary Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I just deleted a couple of posts in this thread (made a couple of weeks ago) that commented on a US politician.

I know the participants in this thread know better than that.

Let's not go down that road again...

DP 70

Screenwriter
Real Name
Derek
I know they ran some Perspecta sound shots at the NFT in the late 80,s they made a board for the Dolby CP200

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Other thing to consider is there doesn't appear to be a complete (or accurate for that matter) list of what VistaVision titles were released with Perspecta. While its generally accepted that White Christmas was 3.0 on its original release, it appears that The Searchers and The Ten Commandments were not.

slou61

Auditioning
Real Name
Sara
davidmatychuk said:
If your DVD looks like this:

attachicon.gif
IMG_1399.JPG

then the Blu-Ray will be a wonderful upgrade.
Holy Schnikeys, David, were you ever right!!!!! I'm 15 minutes into the Blu Ray and am just blown away by the difference in the transfer! The graininess of the DVD, especially on the actors faces and skin, that really was distracting to me is completely gone in the blue ray.....I find myself laughing because I can even see the grout above the sink in the dressing room scene between Bing and Danny as they're having the heart to heart about women in show business! Thanks again for the assistance!

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
slou61 said:
Holy Schnikeys, David, were you ever right!!!!! I'm 15 minutes into the Blu Ray and am just blown away by the difference in the transfer! The graininess of the DVD, especially on the actors faces and skin, that really was distracting to me is completely gone in the blue ray.....I find myself laughing because I can even see the grout above the sink in the dressing room scene between Bing and Danny as they're having the heart to heart about women in show business! Thanks again for the assistance!
I can watch that Blu-Ray any time of year. Bing's blue eyes!

slou61

Auditioning
Real Name
Sara
Will Krupp said:
No, they're brown!
LOL! BLUE (oh yes....dark blue.... ;) )

The only thing that I don't like about this edition is that you can't access the menu when you're watching it. You have to completely stop it to get back to the menu and then, if you're in one of the extra features, you have to FF to the end of that feature to get back to the menu. But, still, the movie itself is amazing.

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
slou61 said:
The only thing that I don't like about this edition is that you can't access the menu when you're watching it. You have to completely stop it to get back to the menu and then, if you're in one of the extra features, you have to FF to the end of that feature to get back to the menu. But, still, the movie itself is amazing.
The previous Blu-Ray was the same, with no functioning pop-up menu. I personally never feel like stopping it once it starts, and I know what Rosemary Clooney means when she asks [SIZE=14.4444446563721px]at the end of her commentary [/SIZE]if she can watch the movie again. Sometimes I do!

vcm_s_kf_repr_631x822.jpg

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Does Ex General Waverly's hair look as blue on the Blu-ray version as it does on the DVD?

My wife actually pointed this out last night while we were viewing one of the early Inn scenes, and I agree that Dean Jagger's hair does look fairly bluish!

CHEERS! :)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I just got this Blu-ray. On the back slipcover, it clearly states that it includes an audio CD of Christmas music... but inside the packaging there's no CD. Has anyone else had this problem?

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I just got this Blu-ray. On the back slipcover, it clearly states that it includes an audio CD of Christmas music... but inside the packaging there's no CD. Has anyone else had this problem?
Mine was in its own cardboard sleeve shrink-wrapped with the blu-ray case, and not in the case itself.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Well that stinks... I just ordered a BR to upgrade my Diamond Anniversary Edition DVD... I was looking forward to listening to the CD.

FWIW - several Amazon "reviews" comment about receiving the CD so maybe there's a bad batch?

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill

Mine was in its own cardboard sleeve shrink-wrapped with the blu-ray case, and not in the case itself.
I got the CD as well. Seems to be a packing issue. Maybe an email to Paramount might help? I know it did when I got my Blue Steelbook of Zoolander with no digital copy code inside.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
Did anyone do something about the cd?
Did you talk with Amazon?
I wanted to get this this Christmas, but now I'm put off by this.

The cd is indeed outside of the bluray case:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I wrote Amazon about this.

They gave me a full refund for the disc and told me to keep it. They said I could re-order the disc to try again but that they had no information as to whether or not other copies would have the CD. So I'm not sure if I want to go through that hassle, because if it doesn't come with a CD, then I'd have to go out of my way to return it.

Only the slipcase mentions the bonus CD - the actual case doesn't say anything. So I'm guessing that maybe the CD was only intended to come with the first pressing? If there hadn't been a slipcase noting one, I wouldn't have expected a CD.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
Only the slipcase mentions the bonus CD - the actual case doesn't say anything. So I'm guessing that maybe the CD was only intended to come with the first pressing? If there hadn't been a slipcase noting one, I wouldn't have expected a CD.

Ah, could be.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuperMarty88
Recent bookmarks