What's new

A Few Words About While we wait for A few words about...™ The Rodgers & Hammerstein Collection -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
I was there Thursday night and can't add anything more - RAH said it all. It was wonderful.Restorations of Mr Deeds Goes To Town and Stormy Weather premiered today and will make fans of these two films delirious with happiness.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Rob W said:
I was there Thursday night and can't add anything more - RAH said it all. It was wonderful.Restorations of Mr Deeds Goes To Town and Stormy Weather premiered today and will make fans of these two films delirious with happiness.
And you never came up to say "hello?"

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
Rob W said:
Mmmmm.... I wonder if Fox will be giving us "Stormy Weather" on Blu-ray as well... maybe later this year...

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
Robert Harris said:
And you never came up to say "hello?"
Until the film started, I couldn't see a thing with the damn paparazzi constantly shooting flash pictures of me.

PaulaJ

Supporting Actor
I also attended the Oklahoma! screening and the restoration is phenomenal, everything that RAH said it is. It looked like actors were right there in front of us, rather than on the screen. 20th century-Fox should really consider re-releasing this into theaters for a brief run; despite my love for blu-ray, I don't think even a large TV will do it justice.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Techman707 said:
I still remember seeing "Oklahoma" at the Rivoli when it first opened. It was the first time they used a new lowered projection booth to overcome some Todd/AO projection problems. They seemed to alternate using both booths for testing even after the film's opening. That said, if either "Oklahoma" or "The King and I" come even close to the spectacular look that "Oklahoma" had on the Rivoli's slightly curved screen and what appeared to me (a young "apprentice" at the time and still learning) as a "low grain print" and razor sharp even close up, I'll be thrilled to no end.
From Marty Hart's web site

RivoliMakeoverA-2x1.gif

RivoliMakeoverA-3x1.gif

rsmithjr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert Smith
I have always thought that 70mm needed the kind of quality control that Cinerama had in its houses.

Mike Todd tried very hard with Around the World in 80 Days and Oklahoma! But after he passed, it was up to the studios, and they did an inconsistent job, which diminished over time.

70mm exhibition moved from being a very special event to being a slight upgrade.

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
Just TWO WEEKS before this thread Explodes with comments.
It promises to be a super exciting ride for us all.

I'm counting down the Weeks, Days, Hours, Minutes and Seconds.
Definitely my most anticipated release for a long time.
I'm even having it sent by speedy courier service because I can't wait an extra day.

shirley4.jpg

Doug.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
Doug Bull said:
Just TWO WEEKS before this thread Explodes with comments.
It promises to be a super exciting ride for us all.

I'm counting down the Weeks, Days, Hours, Minutes and Seconds.
Definitely my most anticipated release for a long time.
I'm even having it sent by speedy courier service because I can't wait an extra day.

attachicon.gif
shirley4.jpg

Doug.
Actually, if the press release is accurate, it's still three weeks away.

Mark

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
classicmovieguy said:
Global In'tl Priority shipping for this item is around US$25-$26.
Thanks Byron.
AnthonyClarke said:
Maybe I'll switch delivery service ..
As a rule Anthony I would never pay this much freight for any disc, but let's face it this is no ordinary disc, this is an EVENT.
I got the cheap deal, so to hell with the freight costs!
I want it and I want it super fast. ;)

Don't discuss it with the Wife mate, just go ahead and do it. (if you just change the freight and nothing else you should still get the cheaper price, but better check first)

Doug.

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
Thanks Byron and Doug ... that's about $18 more than standard postage which, in the scheme of things given the special entry price, sounds pretty cool.
And there are some things one just should not discuss with the wife, who might just totally fail to understand the compulsive nature of the true obsessive.... though she is remarkably understanding, all things considered,
Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks