What's new

Warner Archive Announcements Thread (16 Viewers)

Justin Ray

Second Unit
Real Name
Justin Ray
Two questions (and if I need to post this in another forum, let me know :) ): 1) did anyone pre-order December titles from Wbshop? 2) has anyone received any of the December discs? I usually receive newly-released discs day of release or two days after, and I haven't yet. Gotta love the Holiday season and all of those lovely packages going to and fro :)

ScottHM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
I ordered nine Blu-rays from wbshop on November 27, none of them were pre-orders, and none of them have shipped yet. I don't know what the problem is.

---------------

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Two questions (and if I need to post this in another forum, let me know :) ): 1) did anyone pre-order December titles from Wbshop? 2) has anyone received any of the December discs? I usually receive newly-released discs day of release or two days after, and I haven't yet. Gotta love the Holiday season and all of those lovely packages going to and fro :)

One of the big questions was if WBShop had the correct Release Date on several of the titles. WB listed 12/1 on several of them, while every other retailer including the direct sales site for Allied Vaughn site (MovieZyng) listed 12/15. I;ve been confused reading some of the WAC threads and I can't be certain I have read of anyone who had received shipment of the "12/1" releases including at least one person who paid $18 for 1 Day Express Delivery -- since cancelled if he couldn't get them as close to 12/1 as possible. I've read a couple posts that seemed to imply they shipped, but never could be sure if they had or those were more 'I expect them to ship today' post

WB listed Curse of Frankenstein, Avery 2, Holiday Affair, Mister Roberts as 12/1 releases I think and every other retailer 12/15

The recent 4/44 sale appears to running even slower than normal 4/44 sales and I've only heard of a few people who have received their orders or even got shipment notices.

Last edited:

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I ordered nine Blu-rays from wbshop on November 27, none of them were pre-orders, and none of them have shipped yet. I don't know what the problem is.

---------------

Same here. I ordered a bunch (I forget how many, but no pre-orders) on Nov. 27 and they haven't shipped.

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
I picked up mostly classic age DVDs through this 4/44 sale. The blu-rays, not so much. WB owns historical adventure galore from the first decade of the widescreen era which would be SO improved in HD. Wish they'd pop one in say every 6 months, just to spice it up beyond the musicals and 80s stuff.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
---------------

I tried calling them yesterday and again this morning but after being kept on hold for over a half hour each time. I gave up. They said they would respond to e-mails within 24 hours and I still haven't received a response other than notification they got the e-mail. They took the money quickly enough though. I just sent another e-mail. This time telling them to cancel my order and refund the money back to my bank account.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
I tried calling them yesterday and again this morning but after being kept on hold for over a half hour each time. I gave up. They said they would respond to e-mails within 24 hours and I still haven't received a response other than notification they got the e-mail. They took the money quickly enough though. I just sent another e-mail. This time telling them to cancel my order and refund the money back to my bank account.
Why on earth did you cancel, when all you had to do was replace your mailing address with mine? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
I put orders in on both the 27th and 28th. Neither have shipped.All were in stock items. I also sent an email and they haven't responded yet. I guess i'm just in for a long wait. :(

Joel Arndt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt
WBShop is having major difficulties keeping up with their orders and customer service. That's a piercing insight into the obvious, I know. My order was placed on 11.27 and it remains unfulfilled over two weeks later. I sent an e-mail 3 days ago inquiring about my order and have yet to receive a reply within 24 hours. In addition, I had some work to do yesterday, so while sitting at my laptop I kept WBShop's customer service line on speaker phone for an hour and a half until I had to move on. No one picked up during that time. Since the order is for me and not gifts I've decided to remain patient and keep the order in place since I've never experienced an issue like this in the almost 12 years that I've purchased Archive titles from the official site.

One other thought is that I included The Pirate with the 4 for $44 sale items. It appears that title may have sold better than expected, so possibly they're waiting for that title to be replenished before fulfilling the order. Who knows? But that's what I'd like to find out as the rest of you do.

• Agreed
Reactions: PMF

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
WBShop is having major difficulties keeping up with their orders and customer service. That's a piercing insight into the obvious, I know. My order was placed on 11.27 and it remains unfulfilled over two weeks later. I sent an e-mail 3 days ago inquiring about my order and have yet to receive a reply within 24 hours. In addition, I had some work to do yesterday, so while sitting at my laptop I kept WBShop's customer service line on speaker phone for an hour and a half until I had to move on. No one picked up during that time. Since the order is for me and not gifts I've decided to remain patient and keep the order in place since I've never experienced an issue like this in the almost 12 years that I've purchased Archive titles from the official site.

Something is definitely going on but Warners isn't talking.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I did receive my shipping notice on Saturday, so packages are going out slowly but surely. But Id be a bit more hesitant on ordering on them in the future. Sometimes you can get a similar 4 for $44 for independent sellers (the 4 titles you want for 11.00 or less) on eBay or Amazon.
The USPS, UPS and FedEx are pretty overwhelmed this time of year and because of the pandemic it is worse.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I did receive my shipping notice on Saturday, so packages are going out slowly but surely. But Id be a bit more hesitant on ordering on them in the future. Sometimes you can get a similar 4 for $44 for independent sellers (the 4 titles you want for 11.00 or less) on eBay or Amazon.
The USPS, UPS and FedEx are pretty overwhelmed this time of year and because of the pandemic it is worse.
Tell me about it, I have a new 4K player hung up in the USPS system at their Detroit regional facility.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
I received a email on December 6th from DeepDiscount that my 4K disc of Cinema Paradiso was being shipped out and this morning it still shows it being at their local Post Office to be shipped out. I know Media Mail has a very low priority so i guess i will have a long wait.

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
It's a particularly hellish year for the postal service.

Especially where Media Mail is concerned. I made the "mistake" of purchasing several items from eBay sellers in late November (because they were items I'd been looking for, and they were available, damn it), and a few of them have been in Jersey City Distribution Center Hell for the past ten days or longer, with no escape in sight. I know it'll eventually happen, and that this is unrelated to WB Shop's slowdown. Kino was the same way last month. But for obvious reasons, it all seems so much worse this year.

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
To be more accurate, some of those November items haven't even made it outside of their own states, such as Illinois and Florida, yet -- even though that Illinois package was supposedly out for delivery to me over a week ago.

The weird thing about Jersey City is that I'll get tracking info showing something has been received at and departed Jersey City (I'm in Connecticut), then mysteriously gets received again at Jersey City, then departs again, then is supposedly on a truck to be delivered by 8 pm but is "arriving late", then an hour or so after that time has come and gone, the item is shown to be back in... you guessed it. With delivery time unknown. And then there's no movement for days. I've seen this pattern three times in the past two weeks.

Just ranting. I actually love the USPS, and have no problems with anything except the whole Media Mail charade.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Have you all forgotten the Postmaster General's rules on mail delivery (or non)? He placed a lot of restrictions on postal employees.
Add the pandemic to that and you get infinite delays...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks