What's new

Warner Archive Announcements Thread (5 Viewers)

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
Now we've had one offbeat western directed by a Hollywood legend, The Life & Times Of Judge Roy Bean, hows about another, There Was A Crooked Man...(1970), directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz no less.

Excellent choice. It would be great if they could get to it after they have finally released Pat Garret and Billy the Kid on Blu-ray.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
It appears that Queen From Outer Space is on its way to Blu.

THE QUEEN OF OUTER SPACE 60TH BIRTHDAY BASH
Friday, July 20 • 3:30-4:30 Room 5AB ►
One of the most noted (and notorious) science fiction films of the 1950s, The Queen of Outer Space - starring Zsa Zsa Gabor - may be turning 60, but we can guarantee she's never been more stunning thanks to an eye-popping new Blu-ray! Join legendary film critic Leonard Maltin (Maltin on Movies) along with Academy Award-nominated filmmaker and showrunner Eddie Schmidt (Ugly Delicious, In Search Of) and Warner Archive Podcast hosts DW Ferranti and Matt Patterson as they offer insights, stories and glimpses behind the scenes of the Queen's finest film as well as Village of the Damned (1960) and some sneak peaks of upcoming cult classics.

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby

One of the most noted (and notorious) science fiction films of the 1950s, The Queen of Outer Space - starring Zsa Zsa Gabor - may be turning 60, but we can guarantee she's never been more stunning thanks to an eye-popping new Blu-ray! Join legendary film critic Leonard Maltin (Maltin on Movies) along with Academy Award-nominated filmmaker and showrunner Eddie Schmidt (Ugly Delicious, In Search Of) and Warner Archive Podcast hosts DW Ferranti and Matt Patterson as they offer insights, stories and glimpses behind the scenes of the Queen's finest film as well as Village of the Damned (1960) and some sneak peaks of upcoming cult classics.

Very good DVD should make an excellent blu-ray. This is my favourite 'B' film and Zsa Zsa does look very good indeed. I recommend her UK film 'The Man Who Wouldn't Talk' ( also 1958) where she plays a secret agent.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I can't really get excited about The Queen Of Outer Space (which I actually saw at the cinema in the early sixties), I just keep thinking about all those hundreds of films I'd prefer Warner to release, just so wrong I know, but there you go. It might be fun to buy this, but then you have to sit through it (& more than once, or why buy it). Anyway, enough of this spectre at the feast stuff, I'll retire & allow the celebrations to continue.

Astairefan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Neil Powell
Since nobody else seems to have pounced on it, on Thursday, WAC posted a video on FB (and Twitter, I assume) showing their travel bag in going to Comic Con. In the last few seconds of the video, they open it up to show the various movies/ tv shows they were bringing with them as goodies. If you look closely, you can see blus for Home from the Hill, Never So Few, and The Last Hunt, which are probably their next month's announcements.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad

Considering that filming for the Jim Wynorski/Kelli Maroney remake starts shortly this summer, this Blu could happen.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Since nobody else seems to have pounced on it, on Thursday, WAC posted a video on FB (and Twitter, I assume) showing their travel bag in going to Comic Con. In the last few seconds of the video, they open it up to show the various movies/ tv shows they were bringing with them as goodies. If you look closely, you can see blus for Home from the Hill, Never So Few, and The Last Hunt, which are probably their next month's announcements.
Batman: The Animated Series (still the best version of Batman) is almost definitely going to get announced there too.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I'd certainly upgrade with those three films, all of which I like and none of which look particularly good on DVD.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Im in for Home from the Hill, and possibly The Last Hunt once I watch it. I saw the video too. As for Queen of Outer Space, Id rather have the other two titles in the box set that has The Giant Behemoth and Attack of the 50 Ft. Woman. For all I know, they could be announced at Comic Con ..they are going to announce other 'cult' titles. Should be fun :)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Ooh, I'm so excited like the Pointer Sisters.

Astairefan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Neil Powell
That's three out of three for me, now let's hope that they really get announced for next month!
They *should* be close, because the video showed the spines of the blu cases, and if they are indeed being taken to Comic Con, then the releases shouldn't be too far behind!

Astairefan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Neil Powell
Well, WAC seems to announcing them today (on FB). They have announced the three I previously mentioned, and added The Naked and The Dead to boot!

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
You can probably put this in the category of "wishful" thinking but..........WAC recently issued a flashback video on their FB page for the 2015 Comic Con announcement of the original "Special Effects Collection".

With the San Diego Comic Con this week, I wonder if this is a hint at another sci-fi collection to be announced this week at Comic Con? Like I said, probably wishful thinking but it did seem odd that they'd re-post that video as their "flashback" to Comic Con past.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
You can probably put this in the category of "wishful" thinking but..........WAC recently issued a flashback video on their FB page for the 2015 Comic Con announcement of the original "Special Effects Collection".

With the San Diego Comic Con this week, I wonder if this is a hint at another sci-fi collection to be announced this week at Comic Con? Like I said, probably wishful thinking but it did seem odd that they'd re-post that video as their "flashback" to Comic Con past.
They posted lots of flashback videos so I don't think that means much. They are also supposed to be releasing Queen of Outer Space. They have never released a Blu Ray collection the 1st effects collection was from WHV. I don't see them doing it as it doesn't fit their model. They could announce another Sci-Fi title as an individual release though.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
For those going to Comic Con Warner Archive will present

37241419_10156593878966563_400694528589168640_n.png

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks