What's new

Which receiver for Paradigm studio speakers? (1 Viewer)

Pete GTP

Auditioning
I was wondering now that the flagship HK AVR-8000 is the same price as the Denon AVR-3803 ($1199 from authorized dealer) would the HK be a better choice? I was also thinking about the HK AVR-525 or Marantz SR7300. The speakers I will be using the receiver for would be Paradigm Studio 60's up front, 20's in back and a Studio CC. I've read that the Studio line likes power. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Mat_M

Stunt Coordinator
Ok well no one's answered this, and I guess I'll give my input from what I've heard about those speakers. Some people say they're power hungry and will sound better with a pre/pro plus powerful amp. Others have said that a receiver sounds good with that setup. If it was me personally, I'll use separates with that setup. But like every other answer on here, you gotta demo them with both to see what you like. Here's a link that's very similar to what you're asking:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=122909

MikeRP

Supporting Actor
IMHO, the 8000 would be best. It is HK's flagship and has L7 - especially if your sticking with a 5.1 setup. The AMP section is VERY good. I think the 525 would also handle the system nicely. Now, more power is most always better but some of us have budgets and want to have ears left.

I don't think the Studio's except for the 80's and 100's are as power hungry as everyone says. The 80's and 100's take some serious power.

I have the 45TX and Studio 40's, CC, and ADP's.

Works great - should consider it too!

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks