What's new

Which One's Going To Get Best Picture?? (1 Viewer)

benjamink

Second Unit
Real Name
Benjamin
Here's some nominees and likely candidates... according to: http://www.fandango.com/commentator_oscar2010preview_290

Shawn_KE

Screenwriter
Been a strange year for movies, nothing jumps out at being the overwelming movie of the year.

Moon is the best movie of the year, IMHO. Followed by Inglourious Basterds.

Christoph Waltz should win Best Supporing for his Col Hanz. His performance was awesome.

benjamink

Second Unit
Real Name
Benjamin
UP was really delightful, but I agree, not really the BIG oscar winner you usually think of...

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I don't want to guess until I've seen the Oscar hopefuls that get released in December.

Since there's 10 Best Picture nominations now, I think Up has a chance of getting nominated but that's it. Out of the 60 or so movies released in 2009 that I've seen, it's the best one but there's no way that a cartoon will win.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
If "Amelia" gets a nod, something is very, very wrong. Dissappointing is a major understatement. Her dialog is so stilted and poor that it's hard to overlook. And the film gives her all the personality of a cardboard cutout. Just terrible, IMHO.. overhyped crap.

So far, I haven't seen a single film this year that I consider as good as "Up". If, in the expanded field, it does not get a nomination, then shame on everyone involved.
There are films left on my list that aren't above (The Road) we'll have to wait and see.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
we can make polls in this software?

nice.

that said, DIstrict 9 and Amelia probably shouldn't be included. It's possible that Inglourious [sic] Basterds [sic] will get nominated but I would put it, at best in an alternate spot--Avatar looks more likely to earn a BP nomination at this point. Star Trek is more likely than District 9. Amelia being included in a predictions set of ten is just bizarre.

Right now I would pick, in descending order:
Up in the Air (frontrunner at this point)
Nine
Precious
The Hurt Locker
Up
Invictus
The Lovely Bones
An Education
Julie and Julia

alternate possibilities
The Road
Inglourious [sic] Basterds [sic]
A Serious Man
Star Trek
A Single Man
It's Complicated
The Princess and the Frog
Crazy Heart
Bright Star
Where the Wild Things Are
The Last Station

then way down after Coraline, Fantastic Mr. Fox, & A Christmas Carol would be movies like District 9 and Amelia

benjamink

Second Unit
Real Name
Benjamin
I don't think star trek or district 9 will make it... maybe for effects but i don't think BP, but you never know.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks