What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Which Movie Was Spoofed in South Park Tonight? (1 Viewer)

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
It was the Special Olympics episode where Jimmy took steriods...theres a scene where jimmy beats up his girlfriend and it's def taken from a film, cant think of which tho

RyanAn

Screenwriter
It actually aired at the beginning of the season, about 6 months ago... You could basically take it from any film or stage-play where a man becomes high or drunk and eventually abusive towards his girlfriend and mother. A great scene, incredibly funny considering the idea.

Ryan

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
I think it's a parody of the typical melodramtic "Afternoon Special"-type of portrayal of abuse as opposed to a specific depiction.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
There is a specific show/movie he's talking about. It was based of off HBO's "A Body to Die For: the Aaron Henry Story," starring Ben Affleck, part of their "Lifestories: Families In Crisis" series.

Tom Keels

Stunt Coordinator

Yep, the scene where Jimmy is beating up his girlfriend is almost word for word, blow for blow from the Affleck movie.

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
Didn't know it was from a movie. I just thought they were making fun of all those ABC After School Specials kids were forced to watch while growing up.

I did discover the other day, though, that the music playing while Cartman is undergoing his transformation to become handicapped was also used in Scarface.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twinkletoes
Recent bookmarks