What's new

Which minivan would you recommend? (1 Viewer)

Wade

Stunt Coordinator
Well we finally purchased a silver 2002 MPV LX. We just now pulled it into the garage. We decided now is a good time to buy considering our first baby is less than a month away :eek::emoji_thumbsup:. Also the deal turned out to be pretty good. I can't wait to put some miles on it.
Wade

Bob Graz

Supporting Actor
I had a 95 Windstar which was terrible. Ford bought it back and provided signifcant incentive for me to replace it with a 2001 Windstar. I have 20k miles on the 2001 SL and it's been great. Very roomy, good ride, 24.5 mpg's on highway and no problems.

Greg Kolinski

Second Unit
ck out the Kia's,Ive been a Kia tech since they showed up in the states,the Sedona's are really nice ,and have lots of warrenty.As said before ,Kia quality has been climbing up pretty steady,and price wise,they beat the crap outa everything else.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
We love our Caravan, It's come in handy hauling 2X4's from the local Home Depot for the HT construction.

The only thing I regret is not getting a driver side sliding door. I thought I would save a few bucks and thought, "What the hell do I need a driver side door for? How hard is it to walk around to the passenger side?" Well, several times I wished I had it... especially when hauling a bunch of people around or if we have a 2nd kid.

Stacey_V

Stunt Coordinator
Wade...enjoy your new van.
We were also in the market for a new van and ended up buying a Grand Caravan ES. We test drove most of them and I was most impressed with the Dodge. The ES model is loaded, and has everything I could want....including a DVD/LCD package for the kids! The wife thinks it was for me, but what on earth would I want with a DVD player in a Van? :D
Dave, our van came standard with dual power side doors and the power liftgate...I thought the drivers side door was simply a fancy gadget, but after a little less than 1000 km's on it, I don't know what we'd do without it.
Regards,
Stacey

Drue Elrick

Stunt Coordinator
The Dodge Caravan gets points from me for being good quality and usefulness. Toyota has gotten good marks as well. You might want to check out an alternative - the Saturn VUE. Its a newer SUVish vehicle. My brother has one and his wife and two kids love it. Good crash ratings and a higher overall view like minivans. There's the added bonus of being 'cheaper'. Depends on your taste, I guess.

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
We've had two Chevy Ventures in the last 4 years and while they're roomy and all I never liked they way they felt on the road. Soft brakes, loose steering, and a rough ride don't inspire much confidence in a family vehicle. Now we have a Saturn Vue and while it can't hold as much stuff it sure feels better on the road.

Shawn C

Screenwriter
My wife and I looked at the Chevy Venture and she liked it. I didn't. It was comfortable enough and had alot of neat features when fully loaded (DVD, LCD, Dual power sliding doors..)
I couln't stand the way it drove. Wishy-washy steering and it felt like it's shocks already had 100,000 miles on them.
So,we got an '03 Avalanche instead.. :)

Stacey_V

Stunt Coordinator
To those that haven't read the entire thread...Wade has purchased his minivan. No need to keep offering advice on what's good, and what isn't. It's fair to say that those of us that drive a minivan do so because we liked one thing or two about the model we bought.
Enjoy what you have...I love my new CARAVAN

Wade

Stunt Coordinator
Stacey,
We are enjoying our new van. We really haven't driven it that much yet but that's about to change considering we have a cross country trip coming up next week. That should give us a good indication if we made the right choice or not.
We'll be set if I could just convince the wife to let me buy a new Mazda 6 :D
Hope you're enjoying your van as well.
Wade

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks