What's new

Which is a good flat screen TV-Sony,JVC,etc? (1 Viewer)

perrin

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,

I am considering in buying a 32" flat screen tv. Can someone recommend a good brand? I know Sony WEGAs are ok. But what about other brands such as Toshiba, JVC, Phillips?
I would like to buy one for at least a $1000.

Thanks,
perrin

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Sony & Panasonic (tie for first in terms of picture quality)
Toshiba (a very close second)
Samaung (good price point w/good picture if your budget is tight)

This applies only to HD monitors. Can't comment on analog sets.

MitchC

Auditioning
I have a 36" Sony XBR400 and I love it, I haven't yet seen a picture as good, however my Dad got a Samsung HD ready 32" and it is really nice for the price.

perrin

Stunt Coordinator
I am only interested in analog flat screen. I think the HDTVs are too expensive, and there is not much programming to get one.

Thanks,
perrin

Brad_V

Second Unit
For $1000, you can get a 54" Samsung or similar rear-projection, and that would have a flat screen, too. :)

Bill Will

Screenwriter
For around $1000 you can get a Samsung 32 inch flat HDTV & hooked up to a progressive scan dvd player the picture is going to look a lot better than a dvd player will look on any analog set plus the set will be ready for the future when you decide to upgrade to HDTV. Just my 2 cents.

perrin

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Bill,

Thanks for your recommendation. I will take a look at the Samsung 32". Do you know which model you are talking about?

Thanks,
perrin

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
TXM3296HF (32” 4:3 set) and TXM3096WHF (30” 16:9) are the base Samsung models. There are two additional models available: 2397 & 2398, with a few more features and a few more dollars.

Samsung also has a 27”, 4:3 set on the market.

Bill Will

Screenwriter
Perrin, you can checkout the models at www.samsungusa.com. Also Sears has them but you may have to fight over the price with them. Last week they had the 32 inch & 30 inch advertised in their flyer for $1,200 each with 0 percent financing for one year. If you have a Tweeter's near you they also have them & I think so does Best Buy. For a lot more info on the Samsung tv got to www.hometheaterspot.com & do a search under Samsung.
If I'm not mistaken last years top model Samsung HDTV was silver with speakers on either side. Again check the Home Theater Spot's website above for more info.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks