What's new

Which DVD player to use? (1 Viewer)

Andy.Z

Auditioning
Hello, great forum!

I just got my new Panasonic DVD-LA95 portable DVD player. This thing is perfect for me to use in the car (for passengers) and at work so I feel it was a good investment.

My main DVD player in my home theater is a Pioneer DV-525 (few years old) which is hooked up to a Dolby Digital Yamaha receiver and Paradigm speakers (Atoms, Micros, and a CC-70).

I was wondering if I should just use this new Panasonic Portable DVD player as my main DVD player as well, and just sell the full size Pioneer? The Pioneer is old and the laser is probably dirty from years of smoke, etc. I would think the Panasonic has newer technology and stuff to make it clearer.

Anyone have any feedback on this idea?

TIA!

StephenA

Screenwriter
I don't know about buying a new player, but they do have cleaning kits that you can use to help keep the laser area free of dust and other pollutants. Don't know how good the kits work though. As long as your main player works well and is compatible with al your discs, I see no reason in getting rid of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks