What's new

Which Dreamcast games support widescreen? (1 Viewer)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Same question as the PS2 post. I picked up a DreamCast the other week and have it hooked up to the 19" 4:3 TV in my bedroom, but was wondering which ones would might be worth picking up and playing on the big (wide) screen. I've heard "Rayman" does, but that it's not anamorphic. Any others?

Christian Behrens

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Christian Behrens
Basically all the games I tried so far support my widescreen TV:
- Alien Front Online
- Crazy Taxi
- Fur Fighters
- Samba de Amigo
- Sonic Adventure 2
- Virtua Tennis
I should add, though, that I connect my US DC via a European RGB Scart cable to my European WS TV. It just automatically fills the screen and I don't have to do anything. Pretty cool, if you ask me :).
-Christian

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Wow, VT and crazy taxi are anamorphic? I did not know that...
Id just thought it'd be all squished up, coz i dont see an option for 'wide' screen...
I WAS gonna say Tokyo Xtreme Racer 2, F355 Challenge, and MSR, coz they all have a 'wide' option that squishes the image horizontally, and to make it look normal, you gotta reduce the height of the picture, meaning widescreen...
i dunno...
------------------

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
My Virtua Tennis doesn't have a wide option. The TV just stretches it out like it would a TV signal.
------------------

Kip

Stunt Coordinator
One of the best games for any platform, Rayman 2, supports 16 x 9 on the Dreamcast. Highly recommended.
Kip

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
The WIDESCREEN mode in MSR is a secret.. you gotta beat one of the races with higher than a certain amount of Kudos, then you'll get the cheat...
Once ou get that, go into the CHEATS menu, and choose widescreen...

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
Nick - That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.... almost.
Playing 2 player Tony Hawk stretched out worked really well. It almost felt like we each had our own screen.
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks