What's new

which center wharfedale or klipsch (1 Viewer)

chris evans

Auditioning
hi guys I'm currently using a pair of modus 8s for my fronts and a pair of valdus 100s for my rears and I'm trying to decide which center either a modus music center or a klipsch ksc c1 any input would be great thanks

J

John Morris

Chris: I'd say that I'd make your decision based on the fact of which company has made the worse press release estimations of their new products. If there is a company that did not EVER make ANY press releases what so ever, they'd be the company whose center speaker I'd buy.

Good Will to YOu!

chris evans

Auditioning
I don't think I have ever heard of either wharfedale or klipsch issuing a press release statement

Paul Clarke

Supporting Actor
I would stay in the same tweeter family. The Modus center has the 25mm (1") dome tweeter while your 8's have the 19mm. (3/4")

I know the Klipsch has a 1" silk dome as well but the tractrix horn will sound different. You either like it or you don't.

chris evans

Auditioning
hey thanks Paul I never thought about the tweeter size do you know of any centers that would make a good match for the rest of my speakers

Paul Clarke

Supporting Actor
The most important match is the front sweep. The rears are less important. I would stay with the Modus Center for tonal quality. Also, Yamaha makes some center models with a tweeter attenuator for better speaker matching. I have found this to be effective.

chris evans

Auditioning
yeah i think your right about the modus being a better match but the klipsch just looks better this is going to be hard

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks