What's new

Which brand does best squeeze trick on 4:3 TVs? (1 Viewer)

Yohan Pamudji

Supporting Actor
I'm thinking about getting an RPTV soon. I really, really, really want to get a 16:9, but my viewing habits unfortunately don't support that. But at the same time I still want the best possible picture out of my DVDs. So the best compromise is to get a 4:3 RPTV that does the squeeze trick.
If you have experience with 4:3 sets that do the squeeze, please post your thoughts on the quality, and if possible compare to other sets from other brands. Which set/brand would you suggest? Sony? Toshiba? Panasonic? Certainly not Hitachi, from what I've heard. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
------------------
This screen has been formatted to fit your movie.

Yohan Pamudji

Supporting Actor
Anyone? Anybody have some insight on this?
------------------
This screen has been formatted to fit your movie.

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
I'm afraid I can't provide much insight, but I do know that the Sony sets do a good "anamorphic squeeze". I suppose that one of the things you need to consider is automatic squeeze vs. manual squeeze. Perhaps someone else can shed better light on this, because I'm not certain which sets do this automatically and which sets don't. There are definitely pros and cons to both methods.
Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks