What's new

Where to get firmware-update for Sony 5ES? (1 Viewer)

Belgarath

Agent
can someone provide me with a link to a site where I can download Sony receiver firmware upgrades?
I heard there is one available for the 5ES.

Belgarath

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
I have the sony tae 9000es preamp which was the 1st sony that had sw updates.
I found it by going to sony electronics website; then to customer service and look for that model.
BTW the last one was about $100 and had an updated remote, a cable and the sw on a cd; it was not available on the internet (or even mentioned for that matter)
If you cant find it; try the Oade Brothers call at 229-228-4480 or e-mail [email protected]
good luck
grant

Belgarath

Agent
Yes, I heard that was the fix in the new firmware.
However, I do not know what version the newest firmware is.
I just checked, my 5ES has firmware version 1.40.

Can someone confirm if this is the latest version?

Thanks, Belgarath

james e m

Second Unit
Seth...
Just curious where did you take you 5ES into? I plan on taking mine in after the new year.
James

Brett Miles

Stunt Coordinator
Belgarath, please seethis thread for posts by yours truly :) . I haven't yet seen anyone post that they've had the fix done other than me. It can not be found online, and the new firmware version is 1.74.

Belgarath

Agent
Brett,

I just notýced that you guys are talkýng about the Amerýcan versýon of the same receýver I have.
I have a Sony STR-VA555ES, ýf I remember correctly ýt should be the same as the Amerýcan called 5ES.
However, ýf I remeber correctly, the DA5ES and the VA555ES should be the same except for the 110V power supply.

I just read the thread you posted, thank you very much for ýt.
You saýd there you upgraded you Amerýcan 5ES from versýon 1.4 to 1.74.
I also have versýon 1.4 on my European 555ES, however after callýng Sony`s Technýcal support, they not only saýd they know nothýng of a fýrmware upgrade, the guy even told me ýt was not possýble to upgrade my 555ES.
I seem to remember from my manual, that ýn the RS232-descrýptýon ýt saýd ýt was meant for fýrmware upgrades.

Now for the DVD-movýe problems.
I have the 5 DVD versýon of Lord of the Rýngs.
It played 6.1 (the red "6.1 decodýng" lýght was turned on) fýne when the receýver was ýn A.F.D mode.
At the moment I am ýn Istanbul for the day, but when I get back home (ýn the Netherlands) the day after tomorrow, I,ll check what decodýng mode ýt reported wýth that DVD (I belýve ýt was 3/2+1, but wýll check to be sure).
What I dýd notýce when playýng Lord of the Rýngs, was that when I started the movýe, the Sony reported ýt recýeved a 6.1 sýgnal from my DVDplayer but no sound was heard.
After about a mýnute 6.1 sound came from the speakers.

Belgarath

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks