What's new

Where to get an analog (cheap) sound meter in Canada (1 Viewer)

Mike Blais

Stunt Coordinator
I just picked up Avia last night and went to radio shack to pick up a sound meter. They only had a digital one and didn't even list an analog one. I did a search here and found that apparently Radioshack Canada has discontinued them. Does anyone happen to know where I could get an analog one either online or in the Vancouver area?, I really don't want to spend another $100 to set up my system.
Thanks.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
Mike, I suggest taking a ride down to the states and visit a Radio Shack down there. Heck, I'll bet there's an RS in Blaine or even Point Roberts.

Leonard B

Stunt Coordinator
I got mine from Radio Shack in Winnipeg about a couple of months ago. They only had the digital. It was $90 regular, but I got it for $45 on a half off sale. I jumped at it for that price because $90 was too much. Maybe it will come on sale. Check with your local Radio Shack. Hopefully you will get lucky.

Mike Blais

Stunt Coordinator
I meant to bid on one from ebay and missed it. Oh well I'm sure one will crop up again, how has the Digital one been for the theater setup? From what I've read they're not as good?

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
RS told me they were discontinuing them to, so I went digital. This was close to a year ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks