What's new

Where to Find Non-Elite Pioneer RPTV in Cincinnati Area? (1 Viewer)

Brent_N

Stunt Coordinator
Where can I find the non-Elite Pioneers in the Cincinnati area?

I am currently leaning towards the Toshiba 57HDX82, but I would also like to check out the Pioneer SD-533HD5. I can't seem to find anyone that carries it.

Thanks

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Aaron H

Supporting Actor
I just picked up a 643HD5 on Tuesday from Costco. I had to drive from Tampa to Orlando to get it. Costco seems to be the only place anyone can find them, and when people do find them, the Costco price is so much lower anyway.

Over at Home Theater Spot, I think there's even a few people that may be considering driving from Minneapolis to Chicago to pick one up. I don't know how far that is, but it sounds like a far drive.

Costco has a store locator on their webpage. Check it out. I know you wanted the 533, but at least you could see the quality. I think Onecall has the 533 for $2150 shipped, or something like that.

Aaron

Brent_N

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks. I'll check my local Costco.

So, what did you pay for the 643HD5? I may consider moving up if it is not out of my price range.

What were your deciding factors in choosing this TV and what others did you consider? For me, good stretch modes and no upconversion of 480p are key issues.

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
Brent,

Soundwaves close to the Tri-County Mall, on Kemper road, carry both Elite and regular Pioneer sets.

They have a sale going on right now!!

Elite PRO-620HD.....$5000 (58" wide-screen)
Elite PRO-720HD.....$6000 (64" wide-screen)

I had just paid $5400 for a PRO-620HD, so I got a $400 rebate!!

Aaron H

Supporting Actor
Brent, I paid $2799 for the 64". Great, awesome deal. I can't find anything lower even from the sleazy dealers over at shopping.yahoo.com. I was going to use them to pricematch with my AmEx, but I guess I can't.

Head on over to the Pioneer Forum at Home Theater Spot. Here's my little story. I went into the local shop a month ago to show my wife the $2000 Sony 61" 4:3 set. We looked around, and she pointed to the $7000 (at the time) Pionner Elite Pro720. While I was super shocked, there's absolutely NO doubt that it was the nicest set. Anyway, after researching, I found out the Costco deal, and that the non-Elites have the same line doubler and stretch modes as the Elite, so this was a no-brainer. I actually talked my wife out of the Elite set and into this one.

To be honest with you, I am struggling with speakers and receivers and the like, researching hours a day, agonizing over what to get. And for once, with this TV, I am SO sure I made the right choice at the $3000 point. And that's without even seeing it before I went to get it.

We also looked at a 65" Mit, but there was just no comparison, and that was $1000 more.

Alan, funny how they mark that as a sale. The MSRP of the 720 was $7000 about a month ago, and Pioneer just reduced the prices $1000 on all sets. So $6000 is the normal selling price, at least at the 3-4 stores I know about.

Aaron

Ps, the MSRP on the 643HD5 is $5500 according to the Pioneer site. Nobody can figure out how Costco is getting them for so cheap, but ehy, I'll take it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks