What's new

Where Eagles Dare DVD??? (1 Viewer)

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
Hey

I was wondering if anyone has heard if they will release a DVD of the Richard Burton/Clint Eastwood classic Where Eagles Dare. It is truly one of the best fictional WW2 movies, and a great action flick for its time(Clint Eastwoods character wastes more people in this film than any other character he has played). Currently, there is only a VHS and OOP LD available, but I have heard nothing of a future DVD release. I am suprised that they haven't put out a bare bones release by now, let alone a special edition. Warner owns the rights I hear, so I guess we have to wait and see.

Bob_L

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Lindstrom
I have the LB LD and it's very good; but a new DVD mastering would be great.

I really think this film is the earliest beginning of the modern action film. Although the pacing isn't up to modern tempos, I remember seeing this first run and it just seemed to race forward.

Plus, I know of no other movie that keeps you in suspense and surprise until, literally, the final seconds of the film.

All this and Ingrid Pitt's cleavage. What more could you want?

Malcolm Cleugh

Second Unit
This is one I am waiting for as well.
Try a search as we discussed it a few weeks ago.
I think the problem relates to the need to remaster the film and restore it before it can be released on DVD.
In the UK there is a letterboxed VHS available and it occasionally shows up on the TCM channel again letterboxed.
So may not have an anamorphic master.

Maurice McCone

Stunt Coordinator
put me down for a couple of copies as well :)
I love this film, a great action film. I am fed up having to sit up into the wee small hours waiting for this to appear on TCM, but at least it is in W/S. I can only imagine how good this could look with a remastered picture and remixed sound...

Quint van der Vaart

Second Unit
I would like to see this movie on dvd as well.
I realy love Clint Eastwood and I hope Warner is releasing it soon.
But untill then I will have to do it with a vcd-version of this movie :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prexhobby
Recent bookmarks